WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 2, 2010

Hooray For The Red, White and Blue

Happy Friday! - Wow can you believe that the 4th of July is just a few days away!  In honor of this event our Blogger Challenge this week is: Patriotic cards. 

I've got 2 to show you today.  This first card is my BC challenge card.  I found this awesome paper that I just had to buy and I knew it would be perfect for this challenge.  The paper is from Hot Off The Press (I bought mine at the local JoAnn's). I loved the Stripe pattern and it had this cool border of stars that I cut off to use as a separate element.  I also used the blue piece embossed with the Distressed Stripe embossing folder and a deep red piece that has a subtle star pattern on it.  For my stamp set I chose a very OLD SU set, (Americana Collection) I just love this set and probably will never part with it.
I stamped the Eagle with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored it with Prisma color pencils.  The sentiment was stamped with a Bravo Burgundy marker on Naturals Ivory cs.  My card base is Kraft or as it's now called, Crumb Cake.  I added 3 Star Brads (source unknown) to complete my card.

Next up is my card for the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

Aren't these cupcakes cute and oh so Patriotic!  I was inspired by this card that I found on Makiko's fabulous blog.  I loved the design, which after reading her entry is also one of the sketches from Mercy's blog (MTSC78)
For my card I used Whisper White, Real Red cs. The DP is a piece I bought last year from, Sweetwater Firecracker paper collection.  The stamps I used are from a $1  Studio G Stamp set - with the exception of the small stars which are again part of the Americana collection mentioned in the card above and Itty Bitty Backgrounds. I used Real Red and Brilliant Blue markers for the sentiment and stars.  My border punch is MS-Layered Arches. The Red Satin ribbon and Pearls are from Annabelle Stamps and the Red Star eyelets are retired SU.
I hope you all have a very safe 4th of July and remember to give thanks for this GREAT country we are privileged to live in.  God Bless America!!!

19 comments:

  1. both cards are great Ida. I love when you can cut off a strip of the papers and use it as an embellishment. Added bonus of the paper pack! The 2nd card I love the pearls on the border, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards, great details and embellishments! Fun sketch for your top card. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your cards...and I'm glad you went back to sleep! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards. The stamps and the layout on the first card are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful Ida! I love that punch on the second card! Terrific designs! Happy 4th of July! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards!!! What a wonderful tribute to a fantastic holiday! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are wonderful! I love the DSp on the first one, and love the image and LO on the second one- both are perfect tributes to the USA! TFS and have a fun and safe 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Everything is Beautifully created, Ida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are great! I envy the fact you had time to make two! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these cards...buy my fav is the one with the map...I really like the shade of blue that you used...perfect with red.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those two cards rock but I love that shaped stamp on the second one (esp. mixed with the punched edge).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards and those cupcakes look really yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two really great cards Ida, luv them both!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! What a treat you have for us...TWO cards!! Both are lovely and full of great details. Glad I don't need to choose my favorite...
    'cause I like them both!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are both fantastic! Love the layout on the top one! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great cards!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards are awesome!!! I hope you had a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards, Ida! Love the stars and stripes combination on the first one and the fun USA shaped image on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Ida! Both of these cards are fabulous. Great papers, and great images to go with them.

    ReplyDelete