WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 29, 2022

Magic Under the Sea - 3 Challenges.

 

  
 Happy Friday!
 
My card today is joining the Fusion (Beach Tiers) challenge,
 
and will also be entered for the current Color Throwdown #703
 
 
 Since I'm also using some brand new dies and stamps I'll post this on NBUS#40 as well.

I really liked the sketch and the inspiration photo for the Fusion challenge.  Then I noticed that this weeks Color Throwdown had some similar colors and a beachy vibes to it as well so I thought why not combine the 2 challenges into one card.  Here is what I came up with:

 
 
 
 Grab our badge to display on your blog.
 
 
So for this card I started with the sketch from the Fusion challenge only I turned my card vertical instead. - I also was inspired by the beach theme of the challenge.  Then I used the color scheme from the color throwdown (Kraft, Cream and Powder Blue) .

My card base is Crumb Cake (Kraft) with a layer of Very Vanilla (Cream) stamped with a retired SU background stamp, Cheese Cloth with Crumb Cake ink.  I cut out the Mermaid, Star Fish, Sea Shells using a retired piece of Bashful Blue cs and Very Vanilla cs.  I added some color to the mermaid, starfish & shells using old retired SU chalks.  The Panels are Very Vanilla edges with Crumb Cake and a piece of blue card stock (not sure what SU color is is but I know it's a retired color. I'm going to guess Baja Breeze.  

The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I added sparkle to the Mermaid and shells with a Wink of Stella pen.  The mermaid and shells were popped up on foam mounting tape.  I added some small caramel colored gems to the starfish centers to complete the card.

The Dies and Stamp set are part of a Spellbinders Kit (Under the Sea Magic) that a friend of mine sent me as a surprise this past week.  

I think this will make a fun birthday card for someone. - I hope you like it.
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Ida! Love the cheesecake b/g stamp. You used the inspiration and the colors perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've combind our skecth and photo inspiration. Fab card. Thankis for joining us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mothers heart would melt with joy over this card. she loved all things beach, mermaids and seahorses and shells and water and sand. it is really beautiful, a work of art

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card, it's full of dreams and magic and someone would be happy with it on their birthday, or just some other day, for sure. Very inspiring and very creative💗 Thank you Ida, for bringing comfort on the passing of my Little Binky. I still miss her every day, but I have more peace in my heart since yesterday, after more than three weeks intense heartpain of her loss. I can't imagine a life without animals, so yes, there will be another kitty when the time is right. I'm sure Little Binky is taking care of that😸Thank you for reaching out to us. Very appreciated🌸Pawkisses from Heaven just for you and your little Rascal too🐾😽✨

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect sentiment with the delicate mermaid, and a thoughtful arrangement of the shells and starfish. It's good to see the old Cheesecloth background again. I always loved it for beach and nautical cards. Beautifully done, Ida!

    ReplyDelete