WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jan 28, 2024

Fun Challenge with a Friend

 Welcome!
 
Today's post is a super fun one. - I met a fellow stamper, Terri (aka TK from: Time 4 Kards through a blog post about 3-4 years ago.  She lives about an hours drive from where I live.  After exchanging e-mails we eventually decided to meet in person and have been enjoying each others blogs and friendship every since.

This year we decide to start doing card challenges with each other.  For our first challenge we each made a "kit" for each other.  The kits included stamps and paper.  We also made a kit for ourselves of the one we exchanged with each other.  Then we made cards using the kits and today we are posting what we did with each other's kit and our own kit. - Hopefully that makes sense.

This first card is from the Kit that I made up to give to TK.


My kit contained: Images from Unity Stamps, Sending Smiles (Whit Kit/June 2023).  I included 3 stamped sentiments, 2 Hot Air Balloons, 2 pieces of patterned paper, some die cut clouds, Washi Tape and card stock. - I gave her the option of using the card base color or choosing one of her own.  Plus the use of the Washi tape was optional as well.
For my card I used the card base (Real Red - SU).  Then I die cut my patterned paper using a Unity Die (Scallops and Rectangles) I colored the balloon image with Copic markers.  The cloud was also edged with a copic marker.  I used Fishtail dies (MFT Stamps) on the designer paper and sentiment.  Imaged were mounted with foam tape.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now on to the cards I made using the Kit that TK made for me:


I was so lucky to receive this kit.  That Stamp set is called:Inner Flamingo - You can still purchase this HERE.  Such a cute set, plus it had matching dies! - She included some great patterned paper:
Hot Tropics - Honey Bee Stamps (which I believe is now retired).

For this first card I used the Pink Card stock she included and stamped 2 flamingos with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and die cut them out.  Then I highlighted portions of the the flamingo with colored pencils.  I added Melone glitter to the crown (Art Institute).
I used 3 of the patterns of paper that TK asked me to use on this card.  For the green side I embossed that with a tropical leaf embossing folder from my own stuff (Momenta). I layered that over the Red tropical leaf patterned and added a strip of another patterned piece of paper.  I also used that paper to stamp the sentiment on. The patterned pieces were mounted to a black card base.  The flamingos were mounted with foam tape along with the sentiment.  I finished off the card with some red enamel dots (Echo Park).

Here is the 2nd card I made from the kit:

For this card I started with a white card base.  Then I cut out a piece of black card stock with a Unity Scalloped rectangle die.  I used the reverse side of the paper from the first card's sentiment & strip piece.  It had stripes on it.  I layered that on top of the black card stock.  - Then I stamped the Mondo Anthurium (a seperate set that I was given) I used the green card stock TK sent and stamped it with Granny Apple (SU) green ink and cut it out with the matching die.
I stamped the flamingo with Memento Tuxedo ink on the pink card stock and again used colored pencils to highlight areas on the flamingo.  I added some Wink of Stella to the party hat.  Images/Sentiment mounted with foam tape.  Enamels dots were added to complete the card.
 
That's it for my cards.  Don't forget to stop by TK's blog to check out the cards she created with the same kits.  TIME 4 KARDS

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant! These are fantastic, Ida! Love how close our brains choose certain items and layouts too. Great fun -- and there will be another again! I love how you embossed the one green panel, which imitates the pattern in the pink panel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very fond of flamingos, we live near a garden that has hundreds of them and they eat from our hands. have spent many happy hours there. all the cards are beautiful. heading over to see what she did

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a fun challenge. Love all the cards you made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida! I'm so happy to read that you and TK 'played cards!' You each chose some wonderful stamps and papers for the other to enjoy - clearly you had no struggle as they are all three just wonderful! LOve your hot air balloon! I especially love the look of your embossing on the second card - I forget to use patterned paper for my embossing folders!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped by from TK's blog. How wonderful that you each created kits for the other, Ida. Those hot air balloons are wonderful and the flamingos are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this was definitely fun, Ida! You have some very creative and cute cards here. I know how you love your flamingos so it was nice of TK to gift hers to you. The Anthurium makes a perfect tropical paradise. I giggle at the sentiment on the second flamingo card!

    ReplyDelete