WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 6, 2024

Double D - To Spook or Not challenge and NBUS#67

Had some fun this week working on the start of my Halloween cards.

Today's card I'm submitting for the Double D Challenge:

This was the Mood Board:


I have went with the Ghosts for my inspiration on my card and the more traditional Halloween color scheme.












So for this card I started with a base card of Basic Black (SU) card stock.  Next I die cut a layer of Pumpkin Pie (SU) card stock with a Unity Scallop & Rectangle nesting Die.  I used 2 patterns of Unity designer paper: (Haunted Hues) Which is new in my supply stack. I cut the polka dot pattern with a small banner die.  I also used a new stamp set (Unity Clear to You - Boo to You stamp set.)  Yes, Unity has a clear line of stamps now!
I colored the ghost with Copic markers (still learning how to use them) and cut out with a Unity Scallop and Circle dies.  I distressed the edge with Rusty Hinge distress ink (Tim Holtz-Ranger)  The spider web was punch out on black card stock with a Martha Stewart punch.  I added some sparkle to the ghost with a Wink of Stella brush, added some sequins (Picket Fence studio - Witches Brew)
I embossed the Boo sentiment with Bold Black (SU embossing powder)

Here is the inside of the card: Sentiment is also from the Boo to You stamp set.



A couple of pictures of the little details on the card:





There you have it.  I just love the cute little ghosts in this set (and it has a cute little cat too in the set.

5 comments:

  1. Super fun Halloween card. The little ghost is so cute and I love the cobweb border. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Halloween/Breast Cancer Awareness" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and of course the traditional Halloween colors. That ghost stamp is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you covered all the bases with a witch, a ghost and a pumpkin. I like it lots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute to spook! This little trick-or-treater is welcome at my door anytime! Love the stamp. The papers are easy to work with when using stamps. I love those kind the best. Can't go wrong with polka dots and spiderwebs for Halloween. Speaking of spiderwebs, I always love that border punch when you use it. Really cute card design, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Can't believe I had to wait so long to see this -- but I'm glad I made it!

    ReplyDelete