WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 3, 2008

With Remembrance

This post is one of those that you wish you never had to post due to it's nature.  However death is a part of life and so it becomes necessary at times to post these kinds of cards.  Friday I attended the Funeral Mass of a man that I had worked with many years ago.  In fact it's been about 23 years since we worked together.  He was a great supervisor and one that challenged me to do things that I would have never done on my own.  He forced me to become more out going instead of being scared of my own shadow and for that I will always be grateful.  He was fun to work with and always had some great stories to tell and he made me laugh.  It's rare that one finds a co-worker that they can feel that comfortable with but I did.  So this post is dedicated to, David M. Deccio who died July 25th at the age of 61.  May his spirit rest in the arms of the Lord and may his legacy live on in the lives of those he touched.
  I sent this card to his wife and son.  I wanted something that was more Masculine and yet serene.  I was browsing through my stamping magazines looking for something that fit that criteria when I happened upon this card,  by Debbie Olson (Thinking Inking) on page 66 of the August/September issue of Paper Crafts magazine.  I just loved her card sample and thought that I could recreate the look using stamps that I own.  I think it turned out really well.  So Debbie if you are reading this a big, "Thank You!" for your inspiration.
Stamps:  Coast to Coast (SU - Retired), Sentiment from PTI (Paper Tray)  Card Stock:  Shimmery White, Basic Gray, Basic Black.
Ink: Palette Noir Black
Other:  Textile Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Circle Punch, Black Mini Brads (Queen and Company), Foam mounting Tape 
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment