WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 12, 2008

Sunset Sympathy

Here is another Sympathy card that I recently made.  I based it off of a card made by Beth Silaika found here.   I wanted to try my own take on a Zindorf styled card.  If you haven't visited Michelle's blog Freedom in Creating be sure to stop by and check it out.  She has some "Awesome" art work and tutorials on her blog.
For my card I used the new Tangerine Tango  for my card base.  I love how rich and vibrant it is.  I layered that to a piece of Apricot Appeal.  Then I took a piece of So Saffron and masked a circle using a PostIt Note and sponged on, Summer Sun, Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie Ink and removed my mask. Then I stamped my tree branch (Hero Arts - Trees, Birds and Messages) with Basic Black ink.  I colored in the leaves with Old Olive and the Flowers with Tangerine Tango ink using my AquaPainter.  I highlighted some of the flowers with a Clear Spica Glitter Pen.  Then I lightly stamped the Canvas Background (SU Retired) in Apricot Appeal Ink and stamped my sentiment Brighter Tomorrow (SU Retired) with Basic Black ink. I pierced holes along the bottom using my Crafter's Tool Kit.  I added Apricot Appeal Grosgrain ribbon, Prima Flowers and Orange Brads from Queen and Co. and then Photo Corners punched in Tangerine Tango to complete the card.  I really liked how this turned out.

6 comments:

  1. You should like how this turned out because it is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida....this is truly lovely....maybe even one of the prettiest I've seen! What a fabulous job you have done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida Ida Ida! This is gorgeous. Really really GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is just stunning! Fabulous job with Michelle's techniques! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the prettiest sympathy cards I have ever seen! It is just stunning! Michelle's techniques are just so unique aren't they? I think you pulled off the "Zindorf" look very,very nicely!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete