WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 10, 2008

I have a "Sweet Tooth"

One of my favorite blogs to visit is Taylored Expressions and I have long been a fan of Taylor's Cupcake Fridays but have never participated in any of her challenges.  I thought this week was a good time to start as I really liked the sketch.  You can find the sketch here     I really like the look of a long card as you can play around with it so much more then the standard size (41/4x51/2) card.
For this card I used an image by Stampendous (Tiers of Treats).  I had one of this image as it was sent to me as a "thank you" for a recent purchase from Eclectic Paperie and I thought it would be perfect for this sketch.  I just love all the little Sweet Treats on this platter.  I can just imagine being in a Pastry Shop and sampling some of these decadent desserts.  Yum Yum! 
I chose to use a white card base (Stampers Select from PapertreyInk) and layered it with a darker green textured card stock (Bazzill).  Then I added some patterned papers from BoBunny (Shabby Princess line). I love the Polka Dots and the Stripes are so pretty.  I based the colors of my sweet treats off the designer paper.  The image was colored with Prisma Color Pencils and blended with Gamsol.  I added some little details to the image with Crystal Effects, Liquid Applique and a Red Spica Glitter Pen.  Here is a close-up that shows a little more of the details.  To complete the card I added ribbon by American Crafts and Offray. I also added a Large Red button and 2 tan brads (Queen and Co).  The image was mounted on Sage Shadown card stock and I used small pieces of Chocolate Chip as accent strips. The focal image was raised with foam mounting tape. The Sentiment is from Hero Arts.
I had a lot of fun with this sketch and hopefully this won't be my last time participating in Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. 

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic card -- The cupcakes look good enough to eat!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is super cute. love your button accent. Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute, Ida! I love that stamp and all the polka dots look so cute! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY! So cute! Love the papers and how you wrapped the ribbon around the main image. Great card, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just adorable!! I love that button!
    cute!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Ida. I have this stamp and love it.

    How fun that we both did Taylor's sketch for the first time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmmmmm.....thanks for playing along and making such WONDERFUL treats! I love this card, and you are right...long cards give you a little more flexibility =) Hopefully we get to see you next week too....for your second challenge! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and sweet! Again and again I enjoy looking at your beautiful coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete