WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 21, 2008

Moments to Remember

Owls are so "in" these days so when I saw this absolutely adorable Owl stamp (www.stampavie.com ) by Rachelle Anne Miller I just had to have it.  I started out trying to use the Mojo49 sketch from Poetic Artistry for this card but since my image was larger then the sketch called for I decided to just alter it to suit the look I was hoping for.
My card base is Old Olive and I layered that with a piece of BoBunny Designer Paper (Organic Marigold). I based the colors of my owls from the DP.  I added a strip of Creamy Caramel distressed with Chocolate Chip ink. Then I added the scallop border (SU Scallop Punch) in Really Rust Textured CS and pierced it with the Crafters Tool Kit.  I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts) with Chocolate Chip ink and added 3 Old Olive Brads.
The focal image was stamped with Palette Noir Black ink on Stampers Select CS (Papertrey Ink)  and colored with Prismacolor Pencils blended with Gamsol.  I highlighted the owls eyes and the little caterpillar with Spica Glitter Pens.  You can see how sparkly they are in this closeup. The image was cut out using a Rectangle Nestabilites Die and mounted on a Chocolate Chip Scalloped Rectangle.  Then I added a super cool flower by Sassafras.  I just couldn't see putting that flower under my image so that's why the sketch ended up being altered.  If you notice the little caterpillar was alos raised up on foam mounting tape.
I just love the expression on the owls faces.  My mom said it looks like they are wondering who is going to get the worm first (ick!)  Hope you find your own special moments to treasure in your heart forever.

4 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic! Very cute! I love the papers you used and the layout! Again and again I enjoy watching and reading about your wonderful cards! Again and again I amazed how you can create a masterpiece with a pencil in your hand!
    Thank You Ida for your fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. Love that darling image with that sentiment. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute, Ida!! I have that bo bunny paper and LOOOVE it! These owls are a hooooooooooot with their big eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida, this is adorable, I love it! That DSP is perfect.

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete