WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 15, 2009

CIC24 - Beware of Pirates



Ahoy Mateys it's time for another fun Cupcake Inspiration Challenge and just check out these fun cupcakes that Hope has for us this week.
"Shiver me timbers" aren't they great! Yeah, I'm not all that good with the "Pirate" lingo but I tried and hey, I think my card carries out the theme just fine.
This is really an unusual card for me in several ways:
1. I used some Clip art and Word art images on this card that I found after Googling pirate clip art.
2. I rarely do cards with a really distressed look but I just had to "rough" up my treasure map and it worked! - The map is a Clip art and I printed it out on Kraft cs then wrinkled it up over and over and carefully peeled the layers apart then tore some of the edges before adhering it to my card stock. The Tempting Turquoise panel was embossed with the Spots and Dots embossing folder and distressed with TT ink.
3. I actually layered my focal image crooked - another rarity for me. I like how it looks though with the image off kilter from the red layer.
The stamp is Ollie's Pirates by Stampendous and I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils blended with Gamsol.
The sentiment is a Word art that I found and printed out on the computer.
Other items used: Oval and Scallop Oval punches (SU) Ribbon (American Crafts) Brad (Queen and Co.) and Anchor Charm (source unknown)

Now it's your turn to be inspired by these fun cupcakes. Create a card/project using them as your inspiration and then link us to it on Hope's blog with the Mr. Linky feature.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Gosh! This is ADORABLE!!! Love the map distressing and the image is adorable! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out fabulous! Love the coloring, the moon in the background... the dry embossed background... everything! Great job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card turned out fabulous, Ida! I love the stamp, perfect for this challenge. Love the map and distressing idea! I adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is soooo fabulous! love your map!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your detail--distressing, anchor, etc. Great pirate card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great design, Ida! I LOVE the map in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ida! This is FANTASTIC! Love that image and love that background map! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable!!! Love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this card. The map under the image in perfect for it and that image is just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete