WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Feb 26, 2024

Challenge #2 - Inspired By

 Welcome!  

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a challenge with my friend, TK (Time 4 Kards).  This is our second challenge.  Last month we did, Card Kits and made cards from each others kits.  

This month we did an "Inspiration" challenge.  - I found a picture:


And the idea was that we each made a card based on inspiration from this photo.  There were so many different ways this could be interpreted.

I admit that I struggled with this card (a lot) even though there were so many possibilities for inspiration.  I'm still in a bit of a stamping "funk" so hopefully you'll see the inspiration in my card.


The things that caught my eye were the colors and the palm fronds.
I also liked the animal print but alas did not have anything that would have worked for that.  Instead I used a tan color for the base of my card. (SU Pecan Pie).  I layered that with an embossed piece of light green card stock.  I used the Palm Leaves embossing folder from Cuttlebug (retired).  My paper was a pattern piece of with tropical leaves and blooms.  I liked that it had hints of pink/red in it as the inspiration photo did as well.
I die cut a tropical leaf in a darker green.  The Aloha sentiment was from the set that TK gave me on our last challenge.

I've long since gotten really mixed up on my old SU colors so I can't exactly say what they are.  I do know I used (Island Indigo - retired SU) ink for the sentiment.  

Dies: SU Stylish Dies, Punch (Optic Dot - Martha Stewart), Small blue gems.

Please stop by Terri's blog (TIME 4 KARDS) and check out how she was inspired by the photo.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! It sounds like almost the exact same inspirations from the photo as me -- except I could not get my palm fronds to work. You aced it though, and your card is beautiful, Ida, thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the card is beautiful, i love those fronds, and it would look good standing on one of the tables in that room. the room is gorgeous, except for one thing. why the gator skeleton head? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interpretation. I can see the connnections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, Ida! I really love the photo you chose for inspiration - SO much to choose from! You really captured the 'tropical' side of that room beautifully! LOve that patterned paper, Ida! I'm so glad neither of you chose to include a skull! lol
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most definitely do see the inspiration in your card and it's absolutely fabulous! I see no funk here. What I do see is a feast of wonderful parts and colors and patterns. Ida, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ida. I LOVE your card using the inspiration photo (I'm visiting after seeing TK's post). I LOVE the way you've used the colours and the palm fronds as your inspiration. Such a great tropical card! Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm popping over from TK's blog to see how the challenge photo inspired you, Ida. The tropical feel, the colors and the palm fronds are spot on. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete