WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 17, 2024

Growing in Unity - Day 1

 Hello and Welcome!

Today is my first day as the featured GIU stamper (Growing in Unity).

I was super excited to be given this opportunity and I hope you will enjoy the cards that I share this week.  You will be eligible to receive a $20.00 store credit by leaving a comment on my Blog post (no anonymous comments - you must leave a name to be eligible for the prize).  

So let's get started on Day #1:


For this card I used the adorable (Cheese Chat) stamp set from Unity Stamps.

I colored the images with Prismacolor Pencils and blended with Gamsol. I added some sparkle to the cheese grater using a Wink of Stella pen.  

I embossed the white panel with a Dot embossing folder and brayered ink over it. Sentiment was stamped on yellow card stock.

Images were mounted with foam tape.

Details: Card Base - Basic Black - Images stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Basic White cs. (SU) 

I used a combination of different dies for the images.  The Postage Stamp die is (Unity) Other dies are from SU and MFT.

Please note that the Dark Yellow card stock (Summer Sun) and ink are a retired SU color but you could do this card with any inks you choose.

I tried to get a decent shot of the shimmer from the Wink of Stella pen. It gave the card that little extra punch.


I hope you enjoyed your visit today and will come back to see my next card. Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance at that $20 store credit with Unity stamps.


 

34 comments:

  1. That is adorable and certainly will bring a smile to the lucky recipient of this card. Thank you for sharing! Lisa Jones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, and great idea to add ink on the embossing with a brayer!!! Need to try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! I add wink of Stella often for that extra sparkle. And I don’t have an acct so comment from Wanda Hart

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! I have this stamp set. Need to use it again. I'm going to try using my brayer over an embossing. You did a good job just hitting the dots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card idea! Sue Devowe

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute
    Eunice Fry

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so cute! Love the “cheesy” card with sentiment. Hope you have a GRATE day also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! Love the “cheesy” card! Hope you have a GRATE day too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! I love the added wink of stella!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently saw this set at a get together. You’re using it well on this cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a grate card! lol. I know, it’s kind of cheesy, but you asked for it. See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the inspiration. Can’t wait to see what you share with us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Toni Goff
    Love it so cute! The raised background really makes it pop

    ReplyDelete
  14. How incredibly adorable!! I love the BG that looks like swiss cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute card! I’ve been wavering on adding this set to my must-have list. I think you've pushed me over the edge. 🤓

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really like the colors and added texture- very nice. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card! I'm looking forward to seeing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You brought it to life with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is that. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. super card, love it. no credit for me, I would never use it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! I do see your WoS and it's pretty shimmer, and the sentiment is oh so grate!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fun card! Love the cute background and punny sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute and sunny card! Love the pun!!💛

    ReplyDelete
  24. How cute!! Love the way you did the cheese to stand out. Jean marmo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the punniness - 😆

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, congratulations on this opportunity, Ida! You have been a faithful Unity fan and the honor is well deserved. This card is super cute with the punny stamps and sentiment. Love the dotty background. Your ink brayering over it is flawless! Grate Prismacoloring, too, tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So cute! I love a good pun!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such s great cas card. Congrats on being the GUI. I really like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute! Love the pun and the fact that the grate is sparkly.

    ReplyDelete