WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 21, 2024

Growing in Unity - Day 5

 Welcome!  This week has went by quickly. - We are on my final day as a GIU (Growing in Unity) featured stamper.

So let's get started on today's card.


This card features the Unity stamp set,  Funny Farm.  This set is fun and great for those cards when you really don't feel the need or desire to do a lot of coloring.

The card base is, Real Red cs (SU) which I layered a panel of Daffodil Delight cs (SU) that had been embossed with a Chicken Wire embossing folder, (Cuttlebug). This particular one is retired but there are other chicken wire embossing folders out there. Plus if you'd rather use a stamp Unity has a couple of chicken wire background stamps. - I layered a piece of designer paper from Unity (Country Lovin') over the chicken wire card stock.  Next up I stamped the animal image on Crumb Cake cs with Real Red ink and used a blender brush and Crumb cake ink to distress the edges.  I cut the image out with Unity's (Scallops and Rectangles) dies. I glued the panel down and added enamel dots (Paper Studio).  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black in on Basic White cs and cut with an SU Stylish Die then mounted with foam tape to complete the card.

Since it's my final day and I already had the stamps and papers out I decided to create a second card with the same stamp set.


For this card I went with Crumb Cake as the card base.  Then I embossed a panel of Real Red cs with the chicken wire embossing folder and glued it over the top of the patterned paper and glued that panel down.  Next I stamped the animal image in Memento Tuxedo black ink on Daffodil delight cs and smudged on some Daffodil Delight ink.  I added just red enamel dots this time.  The sentiment was stamped with the Memento ink and distressed with a distressing tool and the ink pad.  Both the sentiment and the image panel were popped up with foam tape.

So that's the end of my time as the featured GIU stamper.  I've really enjoyed your visits and comments and had a blast creating my cards.

Don't forget to leave a comment for you chance at a $20 Unity store credit.  Winners will be drawn on Monday and posted to my blog and also on the Unity Facebook Page.

16 comments:

  1. Love the layering with the print paper and embossed design! Great image for your card!
    Thanks for a fun GIU week! I've enjoyed your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I especially like the chicken wire embossing folder you used for the background... it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chicken wire embossing and I agree, no need to color this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards! Like the red & yellow and the country farm vibe. Thanks fr sharing this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two more great cards! It's been a fun week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card. I love the color combo - suits this stamp perfectly! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THis is such fun! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colour scheme and textures with the pattern paper and inks! Thanks for a great week of lovely creations!!❤️💛

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome
    Karen Adams

    ReplyDelete
  10. This would be a good stamp for me. I always seem to have trouble coloring in stamped images. That would explain why I don't do stamping too often.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I’ve enjoyed your week as the GIU stamper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. clapping now. great job and funny too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing your cards this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whimsical and fun, you've used the perfect elements to pull these creations together and lift them to the next level!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the stamp and the perfect backgrounds with the papers and chicken wire. Cute cards, Ida!

    ReplyDelete