Hard to believe it's Friday already and the final day of my stint as the featured GIU stamper. - I have had a lot of fun this week creating cards and sharing them with you.
Once again here is the KOM that I chose to use for my cards:
Card #1:
This was another fun but messy card to make. - I used the "Bubble" technique for this card. So I took 3 shades of ink refills (More Mustard*, Only Orange* retired colors and Old Olive) dropped a few drops in some plastic cups and mixed in a little water. Next I took a straw and blew bubbles up to the top of the cup. Then I brushed them off with the straw and placed them in various places onto watercolor paper letting the bubbles pop and dry. It makes for some very interesting patterns. Again I tapped the Mica spray onto the dried piece to add some shimmer. Then it was cut out with a rectangle die and the mouse image was stamped with Early Espresso Ink.
I stamped the sentiment with the Espresso ink and punched it out with a circle punch. The Tangerine Tango panel was stamped with the Woodgrain Whisper background stamp using Versa Mark clear ink. All panels were mounted onto Mossy Meadow card stock. I added some small punched hearts and tiny gems. I also used a tab die to create the More Mustard tab on the right side of the card.
For the final card in this series:
I wanted to use this piece of patterned paper from Paper Studio and purchased at Hobby Lobby for the wonderful fall colors it has.
I didn't realize until I was finished with the card that I'd used the same card base color (Mossy Meadow) as the first card. - Oh well...
I used another die plate from Concord & 9th with little circles on it. I die cut a piece of Early Espresso card stock, cut down the designer paper to fit inside the die and glued it down. Then I ran it through the die cut machine to add the circles on the patterned paper. A strip of Cajun craze was also embossed with the die plate. The mouse was color with pencils and fussy cut. I mounted it with foam tape along with the sentiment and added some cream colored brads, another tab punch and a heart.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing my card creations this week.
Don't forget to comment for a chance at a $20 Unity store credit. If commenting (Anonymously) please leave your name in the comment so you can be identified if you want a change to win.



These are very sweet, the colors are amazing and rich. Both cards are great and will be loved when received.
ReplyDeleteLove the bubble technique on your card.Very sweet.The other card is cute too!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome week!!! The mouse is precious
ReplyDeleteAdorable cards with this sweet mouse! Love the colors and the pretty backgrounds! Thank you for a fun GIU week, Ida! I've enjoyed seeing your makes with this great kit of the month designs!
ReplyDeleteThis mouse is so sweet! Love both of your darling cards. I've enjoyed all the details you put into your cards.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to see the little mouse today! He's adorable with the big leaf and the heart. The bubble technique sounds interesting and fun. I bookmarked your post so I can maybe someday try it. I love the paper and the little tabs with heart, especially the second one. It's been super fun visiting you this week, Ida!
ReplyDeleteAw, this is such a sweet image. I like this one best of all. It looked good colored or plain.
ReplyDeleteThese cards are wonderful! I've truly enjoyed your GIU week and love how you showcased the stamps from one KOM.
ReplyDeleteI haven't visited for a while, Ida, so I have enjoyed scrolling back. You make great cards! I just had to stop and leave my comment here because your bubble card is my favorite! I have blown bubbles on cards, but I haven't blown them up in the glass and then dropped them on the paper and I love the effect your way. This whole design just makes me happy! Hugs, Darnell
ReplyDelete