WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 4, 2008

Upsy Daisy Friendship

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)   What a powerful and thought provoking verse.
For this card I used the new, Upsy Daisy stamp set from Stampin'Up! -  Isn't it GORGEOUS!  I've seen so many fantastic cards already and just had to ink mine up yesterday.  Due to the fact that I was on a trip last week I wasn't able to participate in Taylor's Cupcake Friday challenge but I liked the sketch so much I decided to use it for this card.  If you haven't visited her blog lately I suggest you do as she has some super adorable stamps that are going to be released tonight at midnight EST.  I can't wait to get them.
For my card I started with a base of Tangerine Tango (one of the new "in-colors" for this year) and layered that with So Saffron distressed with So Saffron ink.  Then I added a piece of Haiku designer series paper. One thing I really like is that this year SU included the color combo's that match the Designer Paper which makes it so much easier to coordinate your projects. 
For the focal image I colored directly on the stamp with markers (More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive) and then misted the stamp with water and stamped it on Whisper White card stock.  Then I used a 2-way Glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to add some sparkle to the flowers.  I added two Old Olive brads and mounted this to a piece of Old Olive card stock that I distressed with OO ink and the distressing tool.  I punched a slit using the Horizontal Slot punch and added Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped in Old Olive and mounted on a piece of  Tangerine Tango that I raised using foam mounting tape.  I just love how this card turned out.  We will be doing this at my Stamp Club meeting on Thursday of next week.

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the colors in that paper! One of my fav new SU designer papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!!! The colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is gorgeous! This stamp is one of my favourites! I like this color too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *thud!* OMGosh, this is beautiful, Ida! Did you hear my jaw drop? I LOVE these colors together. My friend has this stamp set and is coming over to play tomorrow! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Ida! Beautiful mix of colors and this layout is perfect for this set! :D

    ReplyDelete