Sep 4, 2008

Upsy Daisy Friendship

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13)   What a powerful and thought provoking verse.
For this card I used the new, Upsy Daisy stamp set from Stampin'Up! -  Isn't it GORGEOUS!  I've seen so many fantastic cards already and just had to ink mine up yesterday.  Due to the fact that I was on a trip last week I wasn't able to participate in Taylor's Cupcake Friday challenge but I liked the sketch so much I decided to use it for this card.  If you haven't visited her blog lately I suggest you do as she has some super adorable stamps that are going to be released tonight at midnight EST.  I can't wait to get them.
For my card I started with a base of Tangerine Tango (one of the new "in-colors" for this year) and layered that with So Saffron distressed with So Saffron ink.  Then I added a piece of Haiku designer series paper. One thing I really like is that this year SU included the color combo's that match the Designer Paper which makes it so much easier to coordinate your projects. 
For the focal image I colored directly on the stamp with markers (More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive) and then misted the stamp with water and stamped it on Whisper White card stock.  Then I used a 2-way Glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to add some sparkle to the flowers.  I added two Old Olive brads and mounted this to a piece of Old Olive card stock that I distressed with OO ink and the distressing tool.  I punched a slit using the Horizontal Slot punch and added Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon.  The sentiment was stamped in Old Olive and mounted on a piece of  Tangerine Tango that I raised using foam mounting tape.  I just love how this card turned out.  We will be doing this at my Stamp Club meeting on Thursday of next week.

5 comments:

Taylor VanBruggen said...

So pretty! I love the colors in that paper! One of my fav new SU designer papers!

Kerry D-C said...

This is stunning!!! The colors are gorgeous!

Elena said...

The card is gorgeous! This stamp is one of my favourites! I like this color too!

Tammy Hershberger said...

*thud!* OMGosh, this is beautiful, Ida! Did you hear my jaw drop? I LOVE these colors together. My friend has this stamp set and is coming over to play tomorrow! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Ida! Beautiful mix of colors and this layout is perfect for this set! :D