WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 10, 2008

You Are Always On My Mind

I saw a card using the Pocket Silhouettes stamps set that I liked and decided to create a card based on it for my upcoming Stamp Club meeting.
Here is the link to the card I originally found:

http://haman.us/blog/2008/09/silhouette-spots/

For my card I changed the layout so it would appear at the bottom of the card.  I also wanted to incorporate the Upsy Daisy stamp set so I used it as a background stamp,  "pretty cool" huh!

My card base is Whisper White followed by a layer of Chocolate Chip that I stamped the Upsy Daisy flowers with a VersaMark pad.  Then I embossed the sentiment with Winter White EP.  I recommend embossing the sentiment first and then stamping the flowers.  I did it the opposite way and my flowers hadn't dried enough before I put the EP down and I had to use a small paintbrush to get rid of the excess powder where it wasn't suppose to be.
I added a piece of Chocolate Chip Designer Paper and Kiwi Kiss that I used the Scallop Punch and Paper Piercing Tool.  Then I stamped the flowers from Pocket Silhouettes using Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point Blue on Whisper White and punched them out using the 1 1/4" Circle punch and layered them on the 1 3/8" Circle in the matching color.  I also punched smaller circles using the 1/2" circle punch.  I glued the smaller circles down and raised the larger ones up using foam mounting tape to complete the card.

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful, Ida! I wish I would live closer to you, so i could visit your Stamping Up meetings!
    I really like how you created the whole layout! Love the colors! You are very-very talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ida, this is awesome! I love the Upsy Daisy background and the pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fetching card, Ida!! Your club members will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the scalloped piece, silhouettes, colors, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, Ida. I love the layout and the circle shapes!! I recently bought that stamp set. I can't wait to ink it up!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the colors and the Upsy Daisy stamped in the background!

    ReplyDelete