WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 22, 2009

3CT36 - A Sketch and A Heartfelt Prayer



Today is Three Clover Thursday and this week our challenge was a "sketch" challenge. These are always fun because they give you a great starting point. This weeks card is one that no one wants to have to make but is also a part of life. I have a dear friend, Sue that I've known since 1980 when we became pen-pals through the mail. In early September her husband of 24 years was diagnosed with the advanced stages of liver disease and sadly he passed away this past Saturday (Oct.17th). When I talked with my friend she told me how she was able to be with him at the end to tell him how much she loved him and would miss him. She said his passing was peaceful and that she knew he was no longer in pain but that she had lost her best friend, her buddy and that it hurt so much. I want so much to be there for her but due to the fact she lives in Florida and we cannot afford an Airline Ticket I can only send her my sincere and heartfelt prayers that God will be with her through this difficult time and as she adjusts to life without her mate.

I'm not going into great detail about this card today as I want to get it off to her in the mail as soon as possible. If you have questions feel free to email me.

Be sure to stop by the other DT members blogs and check out their take on this wonderful sketch and then give it a try yourself.

9 comments:

  1. Ida, what a beautiful card to send to your friend. I'm sure that you being there for her is comforting for your friend even if it's not in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's loss, Ida...
    I know that she will appreciate your card and all thought you sending her across the miles.
    Your card is so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beautiful! Your listening ear, if even over the phone, will be priceless to her in the upcoming days. Hugs as you support your friend. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a pretty card...hate to have to make them. All the best to you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ida, this is a beautiful card for your friend. I love how you attached the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card Ida, sad to hear of your friends loss. I am sure she will appreciate your creation and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry for your friend, but she is lucky to have a friend like you. Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your friend, Ida! I'm sure she knows how much you are there with her in spirit. If I had the extra, I'd buy you a ticket right now! The card is beautiful... LOVE the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your story about ypur friend was so touching, Ida-I am sure your card will remind her that you are thinking about and praying for her

    ReplyDelete