WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 3, 2007

Going Batty


I've been buying all these really cool stamp sets from Papertreyink and then just leaving them sitting around without doing to much with them so when I bought the Spooky Sweets stamp set I decided that I was actually going to do something with it and so far I'm having a wonderful time creating some fun Halloween cards. This set was actually designed to decorate bags, tins, treats etc...but since I love making cards I decided that would be my first usage of this very versatile stamp set.

For this card I started out with a piece of light olive 12x12 Designer Paper (source unknown) and decided that I was going to create my own "custom" designer paper using stamps from the Spooky Sweets stamp set. I first stamped the 2 Bat images several times using Palette Noir Black ink (also found at Papertreyink) then I stamped the Sentiment with Old Olive ink (SU) and distressed the edges and added a few smudges of the olive ink as well on the stamped area. Then I layered this to a 5" square of Only Orange card stock that was stamped with the Sanded BG by Stampin'Up! (I love that background stamp). I layered this to a 5 1/4" Square Card (Old Olive and added 3 Lg. Black Eyelets and the Olive/Orange Stitched ribbon (Autumn Inspirations - JoAnn Fabrics) I added Large Photo corners that were punched with SU Photo corner punch and pierced with the Crafters Tool Kit.

Then I punched out a 2 1/8" Circle (McGill) of Summer Sun card stock that was also stamped with the Sanded BG in SS ink and edged with the ink to give it a little glow around the edges. I had this really COOL puffy bat that someone had sent me on a card that I took off & saved so I added it to my MOON and then glued on some crystals eyes and mounted this to my card with mounting tape. I really like how this turned out & hope you do as well.

4 comments:

  1. This is so darling! LOVE all the bats, colors, layout...fantastic card Ida! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the set Ida. I have this one too but haven't put it to work yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Besides the trandtional Black & Orange, the Olive bright the card! Great "home-made" design paper! :-)

    ReplyDelete