WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 1, 2007

Spooky Greetings


I played some more today with my new Spooky Sweets stamp set by Papertreyink and came up with this fun card. I wanted to keep the "circular" pattern going on the card and think that I achieved the look I was hoping for.

I started with a card base of Basic Gray (SU's newest "neutrals color) which I just love. Then I embossed a piece of Basic Black card stock with the "Dots & Spots" Cuttlebug embossing folder and light ran it over a Craft White ink pad. I embossed the Circle stamp (which was designed to use on Avery Address Labels) with Bold Black EP on Green Galore, Lovely Lilac & Only Orange card stock and cut them out leaving a slight border around them. Then I stamped the Pumpkin Image with Orangerie Hybrid Palette ink on White Card stock (this is the heavier card stock that Papertrey carries. I stamped the stem with Green Galore ink and punched the pumpkin out using a 2 1/8" circle punch by McGill and distressed the edges with Basic Gray ink. The face of the pumpkin was stamped with Noir Black Hybrid Palette ink and highlight with Icicle stickles which I applied with a tooth pick so I could move it around where I wanted the glitter to go.

I want to make a note here that this set is so cool to work with because Nicole has created separate pieces (pumpkin, stem, face) that you can stamp in whatever colors you chose and know exactly where you are stamping them. If you are "Stamp-a-ma-jig" challenged like I am (never could figure out how to use that thing) then these clear stamps are just the thing you need.

Now back to my card...I punched out a Mega Circle & Giga Scallop (Marvy) using Basic Gray & Green Galore card stock & pierced holes using the SU Cutter kit. I added a Green Galore brad and some Tangerine Grosgrain ribbon and mounted the image with mounting tape.

I stamped the "Spooky" sentiment with Green Galore ink & punched it out with SU's Large Oval punch then added 2 Only Orange eyelets and filled the centers with the Icicle stickles so they look like glowing eyes to complete my spooky creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment