WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 31, 2010

CIC83 - Autumn Is A Second Spring

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

It's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge day and today we have some gorgeous fall cupcakes to use for your inspiration.

This weeks sponsor is Woodware and they are offering up a cute stamp set called, (Sweet Tooth)
I just love the colors of this cupcake and decided to go with using them and the leaves as my "inspiration" for my card.

I started out by picking the papers I wanted to use and settled on Basic Grey - Pyrus line.  They just sort of scream out Autumn to me with their rich, warm patterns and shades. 
I chose TESC107 for my sketch.  It's so much easier to create when you have a starting point like a sketch, at least for me it is.



My card base is Chocolate Chip and I layered that with a textured piece from Chatterbox that reminds me of buttercream and maple (I know weird but that's what I picture when I look at the cupcake) I randomly stamped a Maple leaf with Versamark ink and then added a piece of the BG DP.    I stamped the image first with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Very Vanilla cs. before coloring it with Stampin Pastel Chalks.  After cutting the image out with a Circle Nestabilitie Die I layered it on a Cajuz Craze circle and added some Navy Brads.
Then I typed out an Autumn quote:  "Autumn is a Second Spring, Where every leaf is a flower" repeatedly and coded the font color to be Chocolate Chip before printing it out on another piece of the BG dp.  Then I punched out a border of leaves and layered this with foam dimensional tape. 

Stamps used today are from Inkadinkado - DoodleFall

Be sure to stop by the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge Blog and check out what the other sweeties have created this week.

Before you go here's some Halloween Cuteness:




9 comments:

  1. Yummy card...love that leaf border!

    Love Coleen's costume...looks like she's ready for a chorus line!!

    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fall card! Love, love this leaf punch!
    And what a cute Halloween picure of Coleen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...she looks awesome! How fun!

    Loving your card esp. that leafy trim you added!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Ida, love those colors. Coleen looks too stinkin' cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the cupcake looks so yummy-you picked up the colors well in your pretty fall card-I agree that having a sketch makes it such an easier starting point

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcake inspired card is fabulous! Great take on the sketch and your halloween cutie is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! great image!!! Awesome Halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a cutie. Your daughter is adorable in that costume. And the card rocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Ida! That strip of leaves is great! :)

    ReplyDelete