WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 23, 2021

Paper Players Challenge #546 - Fruit and Berries

 Back again and yes I know this is the 2nd post in one day but I want to get this card posted before Friday.  Hopefully you all don't mind the extra post.

I'm joining in on the Paper Players Challenge #546 - Fruit and Berries.
 
I've wanted to use up some of the gorgeous designer paper from Stampin'Up! that they had as part of the Celebration catalog this year.  
 
So here is what I created for this challenge.
 
 

 Stamps: Berry Blessings (SU) - Which sadly did not make the current catalog nor did the super cool paper, Berry Delightful.
 
For this card I stamped the berry with Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss inks on watercolor card stock (Tim Holtz)
I used a water brush to give the berry a water color look.  I stamped the stem and leaves the same way using Shaded Spruce and Granny Apple Green ink and then fussy cut them out.
 
Next I stamped just the outline of the leaves with Granny Apple Green ink stamping it off once and then onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.  I cut that out with a circle die and layered onto another circle die of Whisper White.  The berry was mounted with foam tape.
 
I did a small piece of rick-rack using a punch (Ek Success) and layered it over the piece of designer paper which was then mounted on a piece of Whisper White card stock and layered to the card base.  
I'm guessing the base was Rich Razzleberry as I couldn't find a piece of the Blackberry card stock to compare it with.  Color compared today and the base is Blackberry Bliss.
 
Finally I highlighted the berry with a hint of clear glitter to give it a bit of sparkle.
 
Have a great day & thanks for stopping by.

10 comments:

  1. I was sad this set didn't get in the catalog either!! But we can still use it and you've made it shine with that yummy paper and cool rickrack! Bright and fruity for sure! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is so pretty. I love the way you did the rick-rack. It's the perfect edging for the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty...I really like the look of the bkg.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted this set to stay with us also. As LeAnne said, you certainly made it shine and I'm sure you'll continue to do just that. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ida this is beautiful and it caught my attention immediately at The Paper Players. Love the green rickrack! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was sad too that this paper didn't make the catalogue but so glad you chose to use it on your 'extra' card today. I love those purples Ida and the ric-rac border adds a fun touch. Thanks for playing along with my CAS Fruit & Berries challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rick-rack trim! Such a pretty card. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Lovely colors, and your fruit are so perfectly edible

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that really is some pretty paper and a cute stamp set. I love Blackberry Bliss, but I hardly ever remember to use it. Gorgeous card, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful bkg...love the watercoloured look.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete