WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 16, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #494

 Welcome. 
Today's card is based (although somewhat loosely in my case) on the current Freshly Made Sketch challenge #494

For my card I started out with 2 things in mind...
 
#1 - I wanted to use my new stamp set,
(Measure of Love) from Stampin'Up!
which also qualifies this card for the NBUS #28 challenge. 
 
#2 - I also wanted to use a strip of designer paper that I had in my stash.  A friend of mine was down in June and gave me a bunch of little borders and one of them was perfect for the stamp set I wanted to use.  
 
So now without further ado here is my card: 
 

 As you can see I "fudged" a little on the sketch because my border piece goes all the way to the bottom of the card.  
 
Anyhow here are the details:
Stamp Set: Measure of Love - SU
Card Stock: Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Granny Apple Green, and Whisper White.
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Granny Apple Green and Pool Party (I watered colored the scale with that color)
Other: Border Strip - Unknown source
Foam Mounting Tape, Scallop Punch (SU), Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug) and Crystal glitter (Art Institute).  I used that on the hearts that are on the bowl.  It's sparkly in real life. 
 
That's my interpretation of this weeks sketch.  I hope you like it.

6 comments:

  1. Honestly I think I like it better with the border piece going all the way to the bottom. I don't think it would look as nice if it was how the sketch was. That image of the scale with the bowl of cherries is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite part of this absoultely beautiful card, is the polka dots embossed. love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! And I believe your "fudging" is called artistic license, therefor fudge away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely card caught my eye at the NBUS challenge. It's so beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous! I love your choice of image, colours and texture! Not loose at all! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Ida! Sorry I've been so MIA, but you know the scoop. Having a lovely visit here today and just had to do a double take on this super cute card. You've got some fabulous cards since my last visit!

    ReplyDelete