WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 28, 2021

Peace on Earth#4 - I couldn't resist a second card!

 
 Yes, I just had to do a second card for the Peace On Earth Challenge #4
 
Again the inspiration/mood board:
 

For my second card I went again with the colors of the inspiration board and did a religious card.  My mom always sent out cards celebrating the birth of Christ at Christmas time so again this one is a reminder of her faith to me.

 


 The card base is Basic Black. Then I layered it with a piece of a blue card stock (Paper Studio) and a piece of patterned paper that I found at JoAnn Fabric.  This paper was so cool.  It has an almost felt like texture to it and had sparkly silver stars and blotches of blue against a black back ground.  It really reminds me of the night sky.

I stamped the Nativity (Inkadinkado - O Holy Night) with Night of Navy ink on Basic White cs.  Then I added a tiny touch of glitter around the halo of baby Jesus.  I layered that onto a circle of the same blue card stock.  The sentiment is from: SU - For Unto Us stamp set and I stamped it on white cs with Memento Tuxedo black ink.

I embossed the star, also from the For Unto Us stamp set on black card stock with Silver embossing powder and fussy cut it out.  Then mounted it with foam tape and added a light blue gem to the center of the star.

I really like how this one turned out.

8 comments:

  1. tis beautiful and I love he fonts with the word Child

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful! (Mom would be proud!) Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

    Darlene
    PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, this is a beautiful stamp and I love the paper. It's fun to browse the paper selections at JoAnn's. At least we still have that here. I honestly thought the star was a metal brad. Very effective to silver emboss on black and place the gem in the middle. I can click for a close up and still think it's a brad. Well done! It's good to see you again at Peace on Earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your Peace on Earth cards! This nativity and the other snowflake - so different from each other yet just right for "peace on earth"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I LOVE this one! And that wonderful pp is a great representation of the sparkles in the upper right corner of the inspiration. SO cool! Love all the beautiful details
    P.S. Can't believe I got so BEHIND on commenting, please forgive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Nativity scene. Thanks for joining us at Peace on Earth Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us often.
    Kathy
    POE DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose great colors for this one.

    ReplyDelete