WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Mar 17, 2023

Color Throwdown#734 - NBUS#48

 
 
  Welcome! - Yep, it's been awhile since I've posted here on the old stamping blog.  I've been in a bit of a stamping slump lately and just haven't felt much like creating anything.

This week however I really liked the Color Throwdown colors so I got inspired and whipped out a card for the challenge.  Here are the colors: Green, Cream and Brown.
 
 Grab our badge to display on your blog.

Here is the card I created for the challenge:  COLOR THROWDOWN #734
 



For this card I used the images from January (KOTM) Kit of the Month from Unity Stamps.  The leaf/plant circles were stamped with Garden Green ink on Very Vanilla card stock and cut out with SU Stylish Circle dies.  Then I mounted them on a punched circle of Early Espresso card stock.

The card base is Garden green, layered with Early Espresso & Very Vanilla cs. - I added a strip of old SU designer paper (long retired) and a punched border (Martha Stewart) of Early Espresso.  The sentiment is from another Unity KOTM set. I stamped it with Early Espresso ink & punched it out with a stylish die from SU and edged the border with the garden green ink.  The sentiment was mounted with foam tape & I added some light brown sequins to complete the card.

I also received a birthday card for my upcoming birthday in the mail that just happened to have the colors for the challenge so I'm just sharing that because it was so cute.  Thanks to Candy Gray for sending it to me.



 

7 comments:

  1. love the color combo and I thought you made the last card in the same colors. how interesting it came at the time you were using those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. The color combination is great. The card you got in the mail is really cute. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with these colors, Ida! Love the botanical stamps and the cute trim. That's really a nice punch. Happy birthday this coming Monday! What an adorable little dress card you received! So far all my birthday wishes this month have been sent belatedly. It was sure nice of you to stop by my blog and leave all your lovely comments. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And what a great job you did of showcasing those colors, Ida! I love your layered design and your use of pp! And I love that sweet birthday card from Candy! Happy Birthday to you! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are back and hopefully out of your slump! I love your use of the colors - those little green images are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were inspired by the colors! Your card is a beautiful take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to You! Your card is amazing, using the welcoming colors and what a great surprise to receive the color-matching Birthday card. Hope your day was amazing!

    ReplyDelete