WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 27, 2023

NBUS#52

 

Welcome! - Summer seems to be zipping by quickly so I thought I'd best post this card before it's Autumn! 

 

NBUS#52

 



 Now I must admit this card really was a hard one for me.  I have an "aversion" to eating watermelon (it makes me sick) so I think psychologically I just couldn't seem to get this card to cooperate with me!  - I persevered though and finally ended up with something that I liked.


Card Base: Berry Burst (SU) layered with Basic White and then an embossed panel of Shaded Spruce.  The Watermelon Pops and Sentiment are from my NEW Unity KOTM (Anchored by Love).

I colored the pops with Copic markers (still learning how to use them) and fussy cut them out.  Layered on SU Stylish Dies and Circle Die with matching colors.  

Sentiment Stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Added Gems to complete the card.

I also stamped one of the pops in Berry Burst ink on the inside of the card.

Embossing folder is from Paper Studio.

 



5 comments:

  1. Oh, no, Ida! How brave of you to make this card when watermelon makes you sick! On the other hand, I love watermelon, so I think it's a fantastic card and it has me salivating! It's perfect for summer! Now go wash your mouth out with soap for using the word autumn ... sssh! Another year that's whooshing by. Sigh. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out terrific. It's totally perfect with the pink card base, the green panel and those watermelon slices. I like the stamped watermelon slice on the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your aversion doesn't show. the watemelon are the cutest ever... who would think watermelon could be cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's too bad about watermelon making you sick. I used to feel that way about ice cream because I got car sick with it once when I was a kid. I was well into adulthood before I started liking ice cream again. You certainly prevailed with this card! Those watermelon pops look delicious to me and your card is super cute. Pretty gems glistening in the light, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your card is incredibly fun and a great job coloring, as your watermelon is making me have cravings! I'm sorry to hear you have an aversion to watermelon -- I can eat a whole one, nope not talking about the "personal-sized" ones, all by myself and in fact I think lived on them during my first pregnancy a LONG time ago!

    ReplyDelete