Happy Friday - I hope you have all had a great week. It's time for another Blogger Challenge and this weeks theme was (Alter) it. Now for those of you who don't know me very well I really struggle with these types of challenges. They are just NOT my cup of tea at all. I always think that I'll just skip the weeks we have a challenge to alter something as I just don't do well with that sort of thing and really don't have a lot of fun trying to come up with something to show.
I thought and thought about this challenge and decided I would alter a Mahjong Tile and make a pin with one. I purchase a number of these tiles several years ago and have only used them once so I dug them out and got to work on creating my pin. First I stamped the berries from Sun Ripened - SU 2005 now retired with Basic Black ink. My first attempts to color them were disasters. I tried using Copic Markers and was surprised to find that the black ink disappeared when colored with the marker. So then I decided to color them with SU Markers which worked quite well. Next up I sealed them by pressing the tile onto a Versamark pad and embossed it with clear EP. Then I used some Foil Adhesive on the sides of the tile and applied some rose colored foils. I added a pin back an my pin was complete. I had hoped to attatch it to a card but it turned out to be to bulky so instead I just made a matching card to go along with the pin.
Card Stock: Old Olive, Rose Red, Pretty in Pin, and Raspberry Tart DP
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink and Stampin Pastels
Other: Lace Border Punch(Martha Stewart), Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Swiss Dot Embossing Folder and Foam Mounting Tape.
So there you have it. I have survived another "Alter It" challenge. - Be sure to check out the other great projects by clicking on the Blogger Challenge Icon on my sidebar.