WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 26, 2009

absc004 - Peace on Earth



Let There Be Peace on Earth and Let it Begin With Me.

Hello everyone today is Thanksgiving here in America so we are celebrating with a wonderful Turkey dinner and giving thanks for the many blessings we have.

It's also the very first Annabelle Stamps Sketch Contest...Every week there is a Sketch challenge on Friday but the last Friday of the month is the "Contest" sketch and there is a wonderful prize available so you don't want to miss out by not participating in the challenge. You can find all the details on the Annabelle Blog.

For my card today I chose to "flip" the sketch. For this card I used the Holly Branch stamps set. This is a really "versatile" set that can be used in so many different ways. I stamped the sentiment first with Ruby Red ink and colored over part of it with a Basic Black marker. Next I stamped one of the Holly Branches with Versamark ink and embossed it with Detail Silver EP. I stamped another Holly Branch the same way on Whisper White cs but cut that image out. The images were watercolored with ink pads and an Aqua Painter.
I also added some light spatter using the Itty Bitty BG stamp set from SU and Baja Breeze ink stamped off once before stamping onto the white card stock.

Card Stock used: Whisper White, Maroon (Bazzill), My Minds Eye DP-The Merry Days of Christmas line and Parisian Breeze (retired Specialty paper from SU)
Other: Silver Sprinkles (Annabelle Stamps), Martha Stewart Loopy border punch, Word Window Punch(SU), Foam Mounting Tape

8 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Ida, I hope you have a very special day.
    Your card this week is stunning, I love the silver ep, and that you turned the sketch on it's side - love those punches as well!
    Andrea
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Ida, great use of the sketch, I love how you turned it around. Just gorgeous.
    Hugs Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The silver is just gorgeous. And I love plaid. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Ida!
    Very beautiful card! I love the silver embossing! Silver sprinkles look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving, ida. this is such a great card and layout-love the loopy border punch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love your embossed holly...just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the sketch Ida! And love the colors you have used, great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Ida. Love what you did with the skethc... and the silver embossing looks fabulous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete