WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Dec 10, 2020

Paper Players and NBUS

 Hello & Welcome.

Here today with a couple of cards that I'm sharing for the following challenges:

Paper Players #520 - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas


 
 
 
Here are the cards that I created for these challenges. The designer paper and stamp/die set are the new items I used.
 
I started with a piece of unusual (for Christmas) designer paper that I purchased this week at Hobby Lobby.  I love the colors and the shimmer of the paper and thought it would be fun to try some Christmas cards using it.
 

So do you think these colors work for Christmas cards?
 
 


 So for the first card I used: Pacific Point, then Pink Passion and Lavender Lace (the Pink Passion and Lavender Lace are retired colors). I die cute the bells from Brushed Silver card stock. Almost forgot I used Mint Macaron for the bow.

I layered the designer paper along with a punched strip of the lavender paper onto the pink passion piece. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Baker's Twine and foam tape to mount the bells.  I also mounted that panel onto the Pacific Point card base with foam tape.

Stamp & Die set is from Sizzix - Silver Bells and was purchased at Hobby Lobby. - The bow on the first card is from another die set, Pines and Holly by Newton's Nook.

Second card I used the same colors (except no Pacific Point) and I added Whisper White for the banner.
Also used a Musical Note Embossing folder (Sizzix) and some old retired silver cord from SU.

8 comments:

  1. I like them. Those colors are really pretty. Reminds me of stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am loving the bells. perfect and I really love the second one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these are so pretty!! That colored background on the first one really pops with the silver. REALLY love the musical embossed panel on the second card! Thanks so much for sharing your pretty projects with us this week at The Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fabulous, Ida! What fun paper and colors which I absolutely love for Christmas. The ornament dies are really nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that paper Ida! It reminds me of mermaid scales, but I think it provides the perfect background for your festive bells. Thanks for playing along with my theme challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love non-traditional colors for Christmas, and these retro colors remind me of some vintage pink ornaments that I have managed to save from my parents' Christmas trees over the years! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing with our challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful non-traditional colors, they're pretty as is that pretty pp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Ida, I love both of these. Love that paper and love how you used it.

    ReplyDelete