WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Dec 16, 2020

Snowflake Christmas

 Hello & Welcome.

Anyone who knows me well knows that Snow and Winter aren't my favorite things.  However when they are on a card that's a different story.

Today's card isn't for any challenge (shocking).  It's one that I made after seeing this Tag .
 
I thought it was so pretty and thought it would be fun to create a card with a Snowflake die as the focal point.
 
Here is what I came up with.
 

 I wish I hadn't photographed it on the red paper as the back came out rather dark looking.  Oh well.

The card is Whisper White (I'm so sad that it is no longer available) and Brushed Silver.

 I cut the Snowflake die (Momenta) out and saved the negative piece.
Then I embossed that with the Swiss Dot embossing folder.  Next I stamped the Merry Christmas (an old SU set) with Versamark ink and Silver EP.  I mounted that on a piece of the Brushed Silver card stock.  I rotated the snowflake die slightly from the negative one and mounted it with foam tape and added a silver sprinkle to the center of the snowflake.  That panel was then mounted with foam tape on the white base.  It's simple but elegant looking (at least I thought it was).

5 comments:

  1. It's really pretty. This kind of snow I don't mind a bit. I got your card in the mail the other day. It's so pretty. You do such nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is so simple and elegant, I love it. I recieved your card, thank you so much. love the bells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love a snowflake card! I have several large snowflakes that are cut and set aside for next year. The dark background sets off your all white card beautifully, I think. It's gorgeous, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, and it's easy to see why you were inspired to make your beautiful snowflake the centerpiece! Also love that you used the negative AND positive of the die

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful.

    I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete