WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 19, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches#549 & Color Throwdown #706

 
 
Hello and Happy Friday!
 
Today I'm sharing a card I created for, Freshly Made Sketches#549
 
Here is the sketch:
 
 Next is the Inspiration Photo for the Color Throwdown:

 
 
Finally here is my card:
 

 
So for this card there was very little stamping involved.  Instead I used a lot of Dies to come up with my design.
 
I started with a card base of what I think is an old SU color, Tempting Turquoise - I really should have kept track of the retired colors better.  Anyway...I then took a piece of white cs and used a die from a set Tim Holtz Mixed Media#1 to cut out the pattern on the bottom portion of the card.  Next I used an old SU Kaleidacolor ink pad, Caribbean Sea and the Itty Bitty Background stamp to create the little colored speckles.
 
Then I cut circles of Bermuda Bay and Pool Party with my new Stylish Shape Dies. - I stamped the sentiment from an old retired SU set - It's Your Birthday with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.
 
I die cut two leaves from Granny Apple Green cs with dies from two different sets (Momenta) that I purchased at Hobby Lobby.
 
I added some Wink of Stella to them for added sparkle and then included some lime green sprinkles from a company called, AnnaBelle stamps that is no longer in business.
 
Here is a picture of the sparkle:

 For a change I went pretty CAS on this card but I really like how it turned out.  I hope you do as well.
 
Be sure to click on the links and see what the DT came up with and also the other participants.  
 
Have a great weekend.
 

6 comments:

  1. I saw a house today with these colors, very popular right now,

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out really nice. I like the colors and of course the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you with these pretty colors and the sketch, making it special with your tropical leaves and sparkles and sprinkles. Wish I'd bought more of those spectrum pads. They're a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty details on this! Love the background you chose. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! The corner die-cut adds such a wonderful element. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, Ida! Love the colors and that delicate die really sets off your whole design

    ReplyDelete