WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Sep 1, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches #551

Hello & Welcome!  Today I will be showing a card I made for the current FMS#551 challenge. 

Here is the sketch:

Here is the card I created using the sketch.  - This was a cool sketch because you could really do a lot of different things with it.



Once again I got out my Hocus Pocus stamp set from Photo Play. I really like this set and the matching dies a lot!

So I started with a card base of Basic Black cs. (SU) then I took a piece of Granny Apple Green cs (SU) and embossed the spiderweb on the top portion of the card stock only.  Then I added strips of Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black and Gorgeous Grape cs. leaving a portion of the green on the bottom where I stamped the sentiment.

I used Basic White paper to stamp the broom, cauldron & shoes with Memento Tuxedo black ink. - I colored the images with Prisma color pencils and blended with Gamsol and blending stumps.  Then I cut them out with the matching dies.  I added glitter to the shoes and some, Wink of Stella to the potion in the cauldron.  I glued the cauldron down and popped up the shoes with foam tape along with the bottom of the broom.

Lastly I added 3 sequins to the top portion of the web.

I must confess that originally I had a punched spider in the web but felt it wasn't the correct portion for the other images so I pulled it off and when I did it tore the paper a little.  So to correct that boo-boo I added the sequins.  I think it works.

Don't forget to click on the link and check out the DT cards as well as the other participants.  So much talent out there!

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely coloring, great images and the embossing adds a lovely bit of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fun! Cute stamps and great design with the sketch. I love this time of year when we feel free to get crazy with these bright Halloween colors. The sequin looks perfect in the spiderweb. Great save there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. I really like the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ida - I LOVE this! The spider web at the top with the stripes and images at the bottom - fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the challenge, and your "save" is to be commended! Cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, fun Halloween card! I love the embossed background and your coloring. Thank you for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card! Love these images and the colours are perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete