WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 16, 2022

Color Throwdown #714

 
 Hello & Welcome!
 
Today I'm joining the Color Throwdown #714 challenge and also NBUS#43:
 
Here is the Throwdown inspiration photo & colors:
 
 
 
 

I was inspired by the colors and the photo.  I went through a bunch of fall themed stamps and found one that belonged to my mom that I had never used before so that is my "NBUS" stuff for this card as well as the designer paper that I used.

 

Here is my card:

 


 Details: Card Stock: Early Espresso, Night of Navy, Basic White and More Mustard*(retired) - Designer Paper (Plaid print from DCWV - Pumpkin Patch Stack.

 Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Early Espresso, More Mustard*

Stamps: Have a Festive Fall - Stampa Rosa, Acorn/Leaves -Studio112 which was purchased at JoAnns many years ago and never used.

Other: Fishtail Dies - MFT Stamps, Circle Nestability Dies, Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Distress Tool, Sponge, Masking Paper.

For this card I stamped the image on the white card stock and again on masking paper.  Then I cut out the image from the masking paper and laid it over the image on the card stock and sponged the Night of Navy ink over it.  I took the mask off and colored the rest of the image adding in some of the navy with a q-tip in places where I missed the ink from sponging.

The sentiment and the leaf image were mounted on the card with foam tape for dimension.  I distressed the edges of the mustard card stock with a distressing tool and also brushed some More Mustard ink around the edges.

 Links to NBUS#43  and Color Throwdown #714

7 comments:

  1. Great looking card. Love the color combination and that acorn stamped image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors and your card is just perfect -- a beautiful balance of the colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you couldn't have gotten closer to the inspiration image! This is a fabulous card with the plaid and oak colors. Great layout. I love when a stamp endures over the years. Sometimes the oldies are the besties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rustic look of your pretty fall card, Ida! I have forgotten about distressing the edge and how much interest that adds to a rustic design, so thank you for that reminder. And thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect fall card! Thank you for sharing at NBUS.

    ReplyDelete