WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 30, 2022

Color Throwdown#716 and NBUS#43

 Welcome!
 
Today I'm joining the Color Throwdown blog for challenge #716 
 
Here is the inspiration photo and colors: Plum, Sage & Blush

Grab our badge to display on your blog.
 Also entering for NBUS#43
 
 
 
 

Here is the card that I created for this challenge. - I really liked the soft colors but could not seem to locate any designer paper in those colors so I decided to stick to using only card stock in those colors.
 
I started of with a card base of Perfect Plum (retired SU). Next I created a layer of Sage Shadow (retired SU) that I embossed with a new embossing folder from Spellbinders (Forevergreen).
Next up I stamped my image with Memento Tuxedo ink and used colored pencils to color the image.  I added some glitter to the star and used a gel pen for the little pink ornaments on the tree.
I cut the image out using SU Stylish dies and Circle Nestabilite Dies.
The pink circle was cut from SU Blushing Bride card stock.

Next up I stamped the sentiment from my new SU stamp set:  Brightest Glow with the Tuxedo black ink and used another of the Stylish dies.  I mounted the sentiment and the image with foam tape and added 3 light blush pink dots to complete my card.
 
So now I have my very first Christmas card of the season made.  I'd best get busy though as the holiday season is upon us now and time goes by quickly!

 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely color combination and your card is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised to see that you can make a holiday card out of the colors that they threw down for you. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. great texture. lovely image and sweet card. thanks for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always loved these colors and still have all of them. Blush Blossom is getting a little low. They were all some of my very first SU colors. Hooray for you making your first Christmas card of the season! You used these colors well with the darling, sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card! Thank you for sharing at NBUS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Great colors on your card, too, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors, and a cute card too, Ida! So sweet

    ReplyDelete