WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jun 30, 2023

Paper Players Sketch Challenge #646 & NBUS

 
 Hello & Welcome

Today's card is getting in under the wire for the Paper Players Sketch Challenge #646.
  I got out my June Whit Card Kit and quickly whipped up this card for the challenge.
 
 Also another new product for NBUS #51



Details:  Card Base: Balmy Blue (SU), Layered with Bubble Bath (SU) and the cute heart designer paper that is part of the Whit Kit.

Stripes are Washi Tape which comes with the kit.
I stamped the Hot Air Balloon with Balmy Blue ink (SU) and used the matching die (also part of the kit) to cut it out.  Then I cut out one adorable little stitched cloud (the kit comes with 2 clouds) and edged it with Bubble Bath Ink.

The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black in.  
I mounted the balloon and cloud with foam tape to complete the card.

Simple, Easy & Adorable (IMO).

So it's been a wild and crazy week for me. - Last Friday at 4:30 am I was awaken by a loud crash and saw my hubby flop onto the bed.  I bolted upright and asked if he was okay.  He was not...we thought he was having a heart attack.  After calling 911 and getting him transported to the hospital where tests were run and drugs were administered we learned he had a stroke.  - Needless to say the rest of the week was spend making several trips to the hospital daily to see him.  First in ICU and then to another unit.  Thankfully he is now home and doing fairly well.  He struggles with balance now and is using a walker but no paralysis, no speech problems, and the double vision problem is easing up. - He will start Physical Therapy next week.  We are so thankful they were able to give him a drug in time to prevent a worse stroke.  
 
I'm thankful for a few minutes today to stamp this card.
 
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by. 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card! I love the heart background and your hot air balloon! The sentiment is perfect! Thank you for joining my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your husband. How very scary. Glad to hear he's doing well now.
    Love your card. That sentiment is so cute. I love the stitched look on the cloud too. I've been wanting some dies that have that but I'm too cheap to buy them...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Ida! I love the little hearts. This would certainly bring a smile to the recipient's day, that's for sure. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, and your washi stripes are wonderful. I am so happy that your hubby is doing well considering the possibilities. We are thinking of both of you, and praying for a full recovery for him. I'm so glad that you have this craft to spend a few minutes to get away from the stresses of the week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All this in the kit! What a precious card. It's wonderful. Now, oh, my goodness, Ida! How scary about your hubby! That sounds serious, but you both must be so happy he's recovering as nicely as he is. My husband had a tiny stroke in 2019 that only affected one corner of his mouth. It was barely noticeable and he was fully recovered within a week. That was scary enough. Take care and I hope your husband continues to an even better recovery.

    ReplyDelete