WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Apr 9, 2007

Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler



I always like to try somethin "new" for holiday dinners so that we don't get stuck in a rut having the same thing every holiday. This year it was the dessert that I changed. I found this wonderful recipe for, Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler on www.tasteofhome.com and had to try it out. It is absolutely YUMMY! You melt red hot cinnamon candies to mix in with the cherries. Very unique and flavorful. The family loved it and I hope if you try out the recipe that you will too. Enjoy, Ida

Cinnamon Roll Cherry Cobbler

From Taste of Home


Red-hot candies and canned cherries flavor this memorable dessert from my childhood. I hadn’t had it in years, so when I found my mother’s recipe, I had to make it to see if it was as good as I remembered…and it was! —Betty Zorn, Eagle, Idaho
INGREDIENTS
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons red-hot candies
CINNAMON ROLL TOPPING:
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup shortening
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
LEMON GLAZE:
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice

SERVINGS
8
CATEGORY
Dessert
METHOD
Baked
PREP
30 min.
COOK
25 min.
TOTAL
55 min.
DIRECTIONS
Drain cherries, reserving juice; set cherries aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and reserved juice until smooth. Stir in red-hots. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until thick and bubbly and red-hots are melted. Stir in cherries; heat through. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Combine egg and milk; stir into crumb mixture just until blended. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3-4 times. Roll into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter; sprinkle with pecans. Combine cinnamon and remaining brown sugar; sprinkle over top. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cut into eight slices; place cut side down over cherry filling. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cobbler. Yield: 8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! Bring that to my house, we'll have coffee or tea and then stamp, K?

    Hugs
    Julie

    ReplyDelete