WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Jul 19, 2007

Summer Salad Recipe



Here is a terrific recipe for a Yummy summer salad. I was watching the Food Network the other day and Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) was on. She was making a picnic lunch which included something she called, "Guacamole Salad" and it sounded so good so I thought I'd give it a try. I did the entire recipe exactly as called for except for the onion as she used a Red (purple) Onion and since we have our famous "Walla Walla Sweet Onions" here right now I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use them in my salad instead as they are oh so delicious.





Here is the recipe if you want to try it out.


1 Pint Grape (we call they Cherry) tomatoes, halved
1 Yellow Bell Pepper (red can be substituted) seeded and diced in 1/2" pieces
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 Cup small diced red onion (I used the Walla Walla Sweet onion instead)
2 Tbls. minced jalapeno peppers, seeded (approx. 2 peppers) - Don't forget to wear your gloves when you cut these babies up or DON'T rub your eyes afterwards if you forget to wear the gloves.
1/2 tsp. freshly grated lime zest
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 medium limes)
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt - She used Kosher, I just used regular table salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Lg. Ripe Haas Avocados, seeded, peeled & chopped in 1/2 inch pieces (do this right before serving so the avocado doesn't get mushy.)

Place tomatoes, yellow peppers, black beans, onion, jalapeno peppers and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic & cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well. Just before serving slice the avocados & stir into the salad.





Simple but so very tasty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment