More fun over at SCS for the Dare To Get Dirty challenges posted today. I tried the Monet/Cracked Glass technique posted by BadSherry. My first attempt sort of turned out badly since I over misted my watercolor paper and the image bled so much you couldn't even tell what it was. I hated to throw it away though so I decided to keep it and use it as a background piece for another card.
Card One - This is the actual technique: Card Base, Not Quite Navy, Taken With Teal & Back Ground paper by Cut-it-Out. I misted my watercolor paper with water and let it sit for a few minutes then stamped my bird image (Song Bird by Penny Black) using Caribbean Sea rainbow Kaleidacolor in pad on the watercolor paper and slightly misted it again so it would bleed a little more. Then I let it dry and over stamped the En Francais background stamp. Next up I embossed the entire piece with my Versamark Pad & poured a layer of Glassy Glaze on top and heated it up. I repeated this step 2 times and then put the piece in the refrigerator for 10-20 minutes and then bent it to crack the glaze giving it a "cracked glass" effect. I mounted this onto a piece of Taken With Teal cardstock & punched out Photo corners of Green Galore and pierced them before mounting them onto the image.
I added a bow that I tied using a technique taught by Nicole Heady here only I used actual ribbon and instead of the pop dots I used sticky tape to glue the bow pieces together and then added the Teal brad to the center of the bow. I mounted the bird image to the card using mounting tape to complete the card.
Card #2 - Card base, Taken With Teal, Shimmery White embossed with Textile Cuttlebug Folder. Okay this is the original card that I "goofed" on because my bird image bled to much. I used the same images as card one & inks except that I stamped the bird image in Basic Black on top of my bled out image this time. I repeated all of the same steps as card one for the glazing & cracking. Then I died a silk flower from my Pretties Kit using a Green Galore re-inker and added a big brad (K&Company) to the center then attached it to my bird image and mounted it onto the card. I stamped my sentiment (So Many Sayings Hostess set) in Basic Black ink & punched it out using the Word Window punch and mounted it to my card with mounting tape to complete the card. I also wrapped a piece of Apple Green grosgrain (retired SU) around the upper portion of the Shimmery White card stock and used a White Gel Pen to highlight the piercing on the photo corners.
Hope you enjoy both of these cards. - Sorry if you get double postings about this but I had to edit to include the Copyright information. Ida
Very nice, Ida! I had a horrible time with the Monet on Crack technique...I must be art/drug challenged...ha!ReplyDelete
Leigh the goody goody
These turned out so pretty - love the blue!ReplyDelete
These are gorgeous. GREAT JOBReplyDelete
Wow, beautiful cards!ReplyDelete
Oh my goodness these are lovely!ReplyDelete