WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Apr 6, 2023

Color Throwdown #737

 

 

 

Hello and Welcome!
 
I've been in a creative mood (for a change) this week.
 
Today I'm sharing a card created for this weeks Color Throwdown #737.

 


 

 

 

 

Here is the card I've created for this challenge:

 


 When I started thinking of what to do for the colors I thought about not having any designer paper with those colors in the pattern.  That was until I discovered a piece of patterned paper in my stash that I bought last year.  It was from Basic Grey (sugared collection/beloved).  The pattern was mainly pink flamingos but dispersed in random places were some adorable giraffes. I decided to base my card solely on the use of the patterned paper.  I had seen a card on the Paper Players blog by Ann Schach where she used a piece of patterned paper as the focal point and just added a sentiment to complete the card.

So for the details on this card:

Card Base - Mossy Meadow, Pink layer (retired SU Pretty in Pink)Designer Paper (Basic Grey).  Dies from Momemnta (leaf, flower) Circle Die (Nestabilities) Dotted Circle (SU Stylish Dies)

Ink Pad - SU Really Rust (retired)

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. I like that color combination and the patterned paper is really cute. Choosing colors has always been so hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this one, the giraffes are cute, the flamingos are one of my favorite birds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, and a great use for the patterned paper -- keep the focus on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet take on the Color Throwdown color combo…you really showcased the rust, pink, & green color challenge with your get well card!! Thanks for play along with the #ctd737 challenge. -Deb Horst, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! That paper is just perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet, Ida! Thanks so much for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bought BasicGrey last year? I thought they went out of business. It's so cute! I like the idea of once in a while letting the paper do most of the work.

    ReplyDelete