WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 27, 2023

Color Throwdown#766 and NBUS #55 (Embrace Autumns Magic)

 Grab our badge to display on your blog.

 

Welcome!

Today's card  was created for the Color Throwdown #766 

 

I went a little bit out of the box for me on this card.

 

 

 

I wanted to use some of my new stamps from Unity Stamps ( a favorite company of mine) so I chose to use the 3 Circles and the sentiment from the October KOM (Golden glow) and the Wheat image from the September KOM (Harvest Hues) along with the October Background of the Month (Woodgrain Whisper)

Click to enlarge image.  For some reason the screen is giving off a more turquoise look to the blue but it's really not turquoise.

 

 

 Details: Card Base - Only Orange (retired SU) then a layer of Balmy Blue card stock stamped with the background stamp in Balmy Blue.

The Wheat was stamped on Very Vanilla card stock with Crumb Cake Ink.  Then I stamped the circles over it with Only Orange & Balmy Blue inks.  I distressed the edges with the Only Orange ink and a distressing tool.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I added 3 light blue gems and mounted the panel on an angle with foam mounting tape to complete the card.

I'm not sure what style of card you'd call this, Grunge, Distressed, Eclectic?  - What would you say the style is?

Anyway I really like how it turned out and hope you do as well.

Since several of the stamps were brand new I'll be posting this on NBUS#55 as well.

 

5 comments:

  1. No clue what you would call that style but I like it. I really love the color combination too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall card! I would say distressed (the edges) and eclectic (wheat and patterned circles) but any way you look at it, it's a great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this card artistic and I really like it! It has a distressed and somewhat earthy quality which adds to the art of it. Love the patterned circles and the colors. It's just way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so creative and a clever use of this week's color choices for the Color Throwdown challenge! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ida, I love how you used the wheat image over the color dotted circles! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete