WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 4, 2023

PP660 - Theme Challenge (Lost In Space) and NBUS#55

 
 Joining the Paper Players this week for their theme challenge:
 
 A couple of weeks ago the challenge was, Sports and sadly I realized I had hardly any stamps that were sports related so I missed that challenge.  

Guess what?  I have very few space related stamps as well.  Although I did find some stamps that I want now but couldn't get in time for this challenge. - I did look through what I have and decided to use some stamps from the August KOM from Unity (Phases) - So since it's their first time being inked up I'll also submit to NBUS#55
 
 
 Here is my card:


I decided to check out a local craft store to see if they had anything space related.  I did find one set that I purchased but decided to go with my Unity stamps instead. - However I did find this cool piece of designer paper there (American Crafts) that reminded me of the phases of the moon so I decided to base my card colors on the patterned paper.

Card Base: Pretty Peacock - Next layer - Patterned paper.  The moon phase stamp was stamped on Basic White card stock with Memento Tuxedo black ink.  Then I used blender brushes to add in the colors.  I used: Lost Lagoon, Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock and Bubble Bath.

I punched a border of Petal Pink with a large scallop punch.  Next I added the sentiment underneath it and applied the moon piece over the top.  I used 3 small pink gems (Unity) and applied Wink of Stella on the moon phases.


See how shimmery it looks!  - So pretty in real life.

That's it for this card.  I hope you enjoyed my take on the Lost in Space theme. - Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. This is DEFINITELY one amazing card, Ida! I LOVE the moon phases and of course, how sparkly you made it! Those papers and stamps are perfect! I think this was a challenging theme but you nailed it! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. You did well for not having much space related stuff. I didn't notice it at first but when I scrolled down to type my comment I could see the shimmery look on the moon. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the message of this card, bob and I are THERE in the phase of drastic changes in our mobility and brain cells. hard to remember we are still whole and who we are

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Ida...what an amazing card! The moon stamp and sentiment are perfect for this week's challenge. This paper definitely reminds me of the phases of the moon. Your card is perfect for this week's challenge at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card, and use of your space images -- I definitely see the moon phases in the dp

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Ida! The sentiment is so special! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card, Ida! I love the idea of phases of the moon. In fact I love everything about this card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely enjoyed your take on the challenge, Ida! That pp was perfect as a background for your moon phases and I love the sediment! I also love the large scalloped edge, colors, and winking! Thank you so much for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete