WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Oct 30, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #609


 

Welcome.  I hope you are having a great start to your week.

Today I'm sharing a card for FMS609 

 My card follows the sketch for the most part.  I had an idea in mind and those banners were just hanging me up as I didn't want them to cover my image panel.  So hopefully this still meets the challenge.



I'm going to use the holly leaves as my banners and yes I know there are 3 instead of 2 but it just looked better with three leaves.

Details:  Card Base, Very Vanilla.  Covered with a piece of SU Designer Paper (retired).  The strip is the reverse side of the paper.

Stamps used: Tim Holtz Mixed Media purchased at JoAnn's a couple of years ago.  I embossed the sentiment with Bold Black embossing powder.  

Mounted the sentiment on a rectangle die of Very Vanilla and layered with the Scalloped die of Cherry Cobbler.

Cut out some Holly Leaves and Berries in Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Garden Green.  Sentiment and Berries were mounted with foam tape.

Used a punch (EK Success?) and then a strip of Cherry Cobbler to mimic the pierced border at the bottom of the sketch.

That's is.  Pretty CAS and one more card in my very small stash of Christmas cards.  So many more to go!

7 comments:

  1. I like the holly, beautiful card. looks like it fits to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that SU DSP in my stash and I'm never sure how to use it! You've combined the patterns beautifully! What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. From a design point of view, I read somewhere that you should always have odd numbers of something. That makes your 3 holly leaves the perfect decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! It's a fabulous sentiment and I love what you did instead of the banners! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and your card is a perfect use of the sketch! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this sketch and I think you followed it perfectly. You used good imagination and accomplished another pretty Christmas card. Way to go, Ida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card.
    Have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete