WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Dec 7, 2023

PP669 - Christmas Theme

 Welcome! - It's been a few days since I've posted.  This time of year is always so busy getting ready for the holidays.  I'm back today though with a card (and a bonus card) for the Paper Players #669 Theme challenge.  Jaydee picked the theme:  Christmas.  
 
 

Since I've been frantically working on Christmas cards this one just worked out perfectly.  
 
Here is what I created for this challenge:
 

 For this card I started with a card base of Blueberry Bushel cs. (SU)
Next I embossed a layer of Brushed Silver (retired SU) card stock with the D'Vine Swirl (Cuttlebug) embossing folder and cut it out using Unity Stamps (Scallops & Rectangles - Nesting Dies)

Then I stamped the Nativity (Peace to You stamp set - retired) with Blueberry Bushel ink and cut it out with another of the nesting dies.
I stamped the sentiment on a small fishtail die and added 2 small blue gems and one clear one on the star.  A very CAS card but it really looked so shimmery and pretty.

As promised a "bonus" card:  I made cards last year but never got around to posting them.  So without further ado here is one of those cards done using the same stamp set:


This one was done in traditional Christmas colors.  Card Base:
Shaded Spruce - Embossed with a layer of Swiss Dot on basic white cs.  A piece of striped designer paper (can't tell you where that came from).  Image stamped with Cherry Cobbler ink and mounted on Oval Dies.  Old Olive cs was used for the back oval.  Sentiment stamped with the Shaded spruce ink and mounted with Shaded spruce card stock.  One large white gem for the star and a couple of smaller ones in the sky completed this CAS card.

And before I go...Thank you LeAnne for picking my card last week for one of the Cut Above choices.
 
 
Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. they are both beautiufl, i lean towards the 2nd one more than the first. i am a lover of Christmas colors or what we think of as Christmas colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of them are very nice. Blue is my favorite color but I think I like the other one just a little bit more. I love the traditional Christmas colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, I love both cards. the images are fabulous and I love how you kept them pretty simple and allowed those images to shine. The polka dot embossing folder works beautifully with the stripes on the second card and the swirled background on the first adds so much interest and texture without detracting from the focal image. So glad you shared these with us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida, Both cards are lovely. I especially like the Blueberry and Silver card. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely image! I love both versions. The swirly silver is so elegant - but I also love the classic colors of the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Not only is the Nativity my favorite "scene", you've chosen great colors and textures too -- wonderful cards, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these...I never thought to use an oval die to cut out the image...it works perfectly! Thanks for playing again with us, and you're welcome for the pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Ida! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this stamp is gorgeous! I love that Blueberry Bushel color. It's been so long since I bought any new inks or colored cardstock as I don't know where I'd put them. I'm glad you shared the bonus card, too. It's just as gorgeous in Cherry Cobbler.

    ReplyDelete