WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 29, 2023

PP668 - and NBUS

 Welcome.  Thanks for joining me today.

First off thank you so much to Amy for the shout out on Freshly Made Sketches and The Color Throwdown for this card posted earlier this week.
I had so much fun with that stamp that I decided to use it again for this weeks Paper Players Sketch challenge:





Here is the card I created for the PP668 challenge.

 


 This will also go in for NBUS#56 - Yes I know the stamp was used yesterday but it's still pretty brand new.  Plus I used the background paper, ribbon, enamel dots and sentiment stamp for the very first time.

Card Base:  Pretty Peacock, Designer Paper: Dashing Holiday (Memory Box).  Tree Stamp - Unity-November 2023 KOM (Festive Flair.  Sentiment stamp - Unity - September 2013 KOM (Happiness has no limit). 

So for this card I embossed a partial image of the trees on a piece of Basic White cs with Verdigris embossing powder (PSX - I don't think they are in business any longer).  Then I edged it with Gold Pigment ink (Encore) I stamped the sentiment with Pretty Peacock ink and punched it out with an old SU circle punch and layered with a larger circle of the Pretty Peacock cs.  I dry embossed the Brushed Gold (retired SU - How I miss that card stock) with the Swiss dot embossing folder.  This was layered over the designer paper.  I had some ribbons in my stash so I added a couple of those and some new enamel dots (Echo Park).  The tag was glued down and I raised the sentiment up with foam dots.

 The hard part of this card for me was trying to figure out how to measure and cut the angled piece in the sketch.

Be sure to stop by and check out the DT cards.  - Have a great day.

 

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

6 comments:

  1. Stunning card! I love all the textures! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I like it. Great color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! A second card with the same stamp can still be another winner, Ida. Love the colors and your take on the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty....I miss brushed gold cardstock too! WHY do they retire the good stuff? Your tree is very nicely done and I love the little circular sentiment, it has a nice vintage feel to it! Thanks for playing with our PP sketch this week, always nice to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulously festive card, Ida! I love that tree image and the pattern and texture really add the perfect detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not easy keeping up. I'm so far behind in everything Christmas related. I do love both these cards, Ida! The tree stamp is so cool with or without the solid fill. This sketch sure provides a nice way to use some DP.

    ReplyDelete