So here goes & hopefully people will read this and know a little more about me.
1. I was born & have practially lived my entire life here in Walla Walla. With the exception of the first 5-6 years of my life when we lived in Oregon. I've been here since 1961 though. I've never wanted to live anywhere else either.
2. I use to be so shy that I hated talking to anyone I didn't know on the telephone. One time when I called the theater to find out what movies were playing I hung up because I got an actual person and was scared to ask them what was playing, that's how shy I was.
3. I can't stand Watermelon. My parents discovered early on in my life after I threw up from eating it that I just didn't care for watermelon. Even the smell nauseates me. When my family eats it I have to sit in a different room or away from them to avoid getting sick.
4. I'm terrible at most sports. I was the one that was "always" picked last for things like softball, basketball, volleyball etc...About the only sport (if you consider it a sport) that I'm halfway decent at is, Bowling.
5. I was once told how "gullible" I am (not so much true anymore). In fact someone once asked me what time it was in the Metric system and my reply was, "How should I know?" They almost died laughing when they told me time isn't part of the Metric system.
6. Even though I was always terrible at math I can remember tons of telephone numbers, and memorize license plate numbers as well.
7. I wanted to be a movie star when I was little and was always playing make-believe with my friends. In fact I had my movie star stage name picked out, Kitty Kay Taylor. (I have no clue why I picked that out other then I liked the sound of it.)
Well if you've enjoyed this please leave a comment. It was fun sharing those little tidbits.
Sounds like you were about as shy as I used to be! My mom used to say that I was so shy I wouldn't say "Boo!" to a fencepost! : ) (Boy, that's an old saying!) Can't believe I now get up & sing with a women's group at Church, lead a Bible study group of 16 women & feel confident doing it!!! Only God can do that! I feel so sorry for newcomers at church or elsewhere that now I go up to them & speak first. I remember what it was like when I was so shy & quiet.ReplyDelete
I've had issues with being "quiet" too. It takes time to warm up to people but once I do they probably find me overwhelming with my constant chatter. I think that "to date" you are the only person I know that doesn't like watermelon. For me, it's brussel sprouts and some fruit(can't remember the name of it) that is creamy and ultra sweet that grows in South America--YUK!!
Oh Ida, that is so sad about the watermelon!!!! One of the fruits I could take a bath in. While on cruise we even had watermelon soup for dinner. I can picture you as shy and guillible but theres nothing wrong with that, although I can't imagine a shy person wanting to be a movie star!!! Oh my word, I can't imagine writing down seven things about me. This was fun and informative! RoseReplyDelete