WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

May 21, 2007

Harley Birthday Wishes



What a weekend we had. So busy and so many things to do. I managed to get a card made for DH birthday which was Sunday. He's a Harley Davidson man. You should see him he's like a little kid when it comes to his bike and riding it. Last Friday he came home from work all excited because some guys had invited him to go for a ride and he wanted to know if it was okay to go. (Isn't that sweet that he'd ask me?) Anyway I said, "Go have fun, you deserve it." - I made this card while he was gone. It's really "simple" but he likes the simple look on cards so that's why I didn't try to over embellish this card.

Very basic. I used Harley Flame background paper, Stamped the Motorcycle from (Born to Ride) with Silver Dew Drop Ink on Basic Black card stock. Punch it out with my Mega Circle Punch. Punched the Scalloped Punch with Pumpkin Pie card stock and pierced holes and then layered the bike image on top. The birthday sentiment was stamped with the silver ink as well and I added a couple of silver brads. He LOVED the card.

Our weekend was as I said, busy. We spent Saturday morning doing yard work. See my next post for a few pics of some of my flowers. I actually weeded 2 whole flower beds & planted some flowers on Saturday morning. In the afternoon I took my little granddaughter out to the Ducky Derby (A charity race where little yellow rubber ducks float down the creek to see which duck wins.) Ours didn't, :o( - She needed a nap though so we didn't stay long as she was being very uncooperative and fuss a budget Then we watched PBR Bull riding - Let me say I am a HUGE fan of Bull riding & the cowboy I root for the most actually won the event, YIPPEE!!!

Sunday we went out for breakfast and ended up driving 11 miles to eat since all the places here were already filled being as it was College graduation weekend here for one of the local colleges.

In the afternoon we went to the DQ for ice cream and then had a church planning meeting to attend at 4:00 and then we went to dinner and home again so hubby could open his gifts. All that activity pretty much wore me out so today I'm just resting and puttering around.

3 comments:

  1. Hey the card looks great...nice work...and well certainly sounds like you guys had a good time...it was really nice to read through it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh Ida that is a great card! Very nice and masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card, gave me ideas for one for my brother and SIL who both have Harleys.

    ReplyDelete