WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 2, 2020

Fusion Autumn Challenge

 Hello and Welcome.
It's time for another Fusion Challenge but before I get to the challenge I am excited to announce that my card for the Fusion Purple Night challenge was chosen as:

You can see that card HERE
 
So this time the current challenge is: Autumn and the inspiration board/sketch is below:
 
So again I decided to do both the sketch and take inspiration from the photo.  Here is what I came up with.
 

 I liked the sketch a lot and took inspiration from the colors in the photo.  I started with a card base of Pumpkin Pie and added 2 different Designer Paper patterns.  Both of which were from DCWV.

I added the middle strip on a piece of Basic Black card stock.  The Cornucopia is from Cornish Heritage Farms (sadly they went out of business a few years ago).  I colored the image with Prisma Pencils and fussy cut it.  I used Very Vanilla Card Stock and Memento London Fog ink to stamp the image.  The Sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  - To tie in the inspiration theme I added some Baker's Twine (inspired by the sweater in the photo).  I mounted the image on Die Cut ovals and added some black pearls to complete the card.

I may not be posting for awhile since I am scheduled to have Cataract surgery tomorrow on both eyes and will need some healing time but I hope to be able to visit blogs and possibly comment in a few days.  


 

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the honorable mention for the other card. Personally I would have given it first place though :)
    I like this latest one too. Love how you attached the oval with the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I forgot to say best of luck on your surgery. Hope you have a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your surgery. I have a hunch you'll be back at card-making before you know it. ~Andrea (a new visitor to your blog, from Ann's blog) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card. i had no down time at all with my cataract surgery. the only thing is you can't bend or stoop or pick up anything heavier than a coffee pot. you will be seeing beautiful the next day after the first eye is done. prayers for a good surgery

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty little cornucopia stamp and a great card design. A lot of stamp companies from when I first started have closed up shop. I guess it's always going to happen. Congratulations on your honorable mention, Ida, and good luck with your cataract surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great use of the photo colours Ida. Love those DSPs too. I hope your surgery has gone well. Thanks for joining us at the Fusion Card Challenge this fortnight. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another one I really, really like!

    ReplyDelete