WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Nov 27, 2023

FMS#613 and CTD#770

 Welcome - Well it's been a bit since I've posted. - Trying to keep up with getting Christmas cards made (I'm way behind) and of course with the holiday season starting things have been a bit hectic.  Plus on top of that I've been dealing with a cold and bad cough for a couple of weeks.  Anyway today I'm finally back to share a card.

This card is for FMS#613  and CTD#770
 
Here is the sketch:
and below is the Color combo from the throwdown.

 
                                                                                                                                                                       This is what I created for these 2 challenges.  - I wanted to try and do a Christmas card with this color combo - It seems strange for Christmas but it actually works.
 


 This is a pretty simple CAS card but I like how it turned out.  
 
Details:
Basic Black card base.
Trees from Unity November 2023 KOM (Festive Flair) stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Basic White card Stock.
Colored with Prisma colored pencils and blended with Gamsol.
Strips of Washi Tape, Small Iridescent Sequins were added.
I also used some glue and Iridescent Glitter (Art Institute) to highlight the Joy sentiment.  I was cut out on an SU stylish die.
Focal Image and Banner mounted with foam tape.
 
The hardest part of this card was trying to line up the Washi tape evenly.  I succeeded for the most part.
 

6 comments:

  1. What a fun use of the sketch. I love those trees going off the edge along with the base of washi tape! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome design and the trees worked perfectly for the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I love your trees, Ida, and the way the panel is popped up! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at CTD with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it does work and I thought how strange to use those colors. but you made it look festive .

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very nice. The color combo works great for a Christmas card. I like the elevated top layer that gives it some dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great clean, CAS card! And congrats on being Amy's choice at FMS!

    ReplyDelete