WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

May 8, 2007

The Monkey is off my back!



Ever heard that expression? My daughter had no clue what it meant (she's only 22) . . . Does that mean this is an "OLD" expression? - Anyway it means that you've accomplished something that you haven't been able to do in some time. For me that was achieving a 200+ game in bowling. I've had 200 games before but it's been over a year now since I've had one & today I finally did it again.

My first game was a 199 - I had to pick the 4 pin which for me is a rather difficult pin to hit. You see I'm left-handed but I bowl right-handed due to the fact that I have a very weak left wrist and cannot hold or lift anything heavy without my wrist popping out of place, which is extemely painful. Instead I bowl right-handed by still stand on the left side of the lane as my brain still thinks left-handed. It's all rather complicated when I try to explain it so I'll just leave it at that. Needless to sayI "missed" the pin and thus ended up with just a 199 game. For once though I shook it off & started game 2 with a positive attitude. It paid off with a nice 212 game! What a relief to finally have one under my belt so to speak. To bad I had to peter out the last game with just a 133 but I was more then HAPPY with today's scores & just had to "TOOT" my horn a little.

Ida

No comments:

Post a Comment