WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 13, 2023

Color Throwdown #755 - Card2

 I liked the colors in the CTD#755 challenge so much that I played around and created a second card for the challenge.  This was the first card I posted: (Click for larger view)


 
Here is my second card:
I went a totally different direction on this card.  I happened to spot some patterned paper in my stash and thought it would make a fun Christmas card with some not so traditional colors and patterns.
Card Base: Real Red, Basic White Layer, Patterned Paper is from DCWV-Basics and Brights.  I used the red piece because the patterned reminded me of poinsettias.  Then I got out my Waffle Flower Poinsettia die and cut of 2 in red and one in white.  I layered the patterned paper on a circle of Granny Apple Green cs and die cut some leaves in the same paper.  The leaves are from another company.  Next I added a distressed piece of Summer Sun* (retired SU) card stock and a piece of patterned paper in a yellow tone.
I embossed the sentiment (Brightest Glow - SU) with Bold Black embossing powder.  I finished off the card with some sequins and added some yellow glitter to the center of the poinsettia berries.
Another CAS design and my very first Christmas card of the year!
 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it. It looks fantastic. I really like that sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first, and now I love the second card! These colors work very well for a fun Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Christmas card! I love poinsettias! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea, and a great second card for the challenge. Your card is definitely successful for the challenge

    ReplyDelete