WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 8, 2023

Beautiful Summer - Paper Player Theme Challenge #652 and NBUS#53

 

Welcome. 

 Sometimes I'm a "day late and a dollar short" as they say on the challenges.  This card was supposed to go in for one of the Freshly Made sketches a couple of weeks ago. - Trouble was I couldn't seem to finish it in a way that I thought looked good so it's sat on my desk until today.  I finally finished it and am entering for The Paper Players Theme Challenge.

Here is the sketch (FMS#596) - Note this is just so you can see where I got my inspiration from as it's way to late to enter it for the sketch challenge.

Here is the mood board for The Paper Players PP652 

   

Here is the card I made:

 




 So for this card I used one of the Mermaid tales from the Unity July KOM along with the Seagulls, Wave & Sentiment from the same kit.  Since these are being used for the first time they will also go in for NBUS#53

 

So for this card my card base is: Blueberry Bushel (SU) my first time using this color (I like it).  Then I stamped the way image on a piece of Basis White cs with Blueberry Bushel ink and colored it in with a Copic marker.  I also stamped some dots (retired SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds) with Pretty Peacock ink randomly on the wave image.  Next the Mermaid tail was stamped with Memento Tuxedo black ink and colored with Copic Markers and fussy cut.  I then pressed the image onto a Versa Mark pad and embossed with Iridescent Ice EP (which I believe is retired SU) - You can see in the 2nd shot how shimmery it is.  I mounted it with foam tape after stamping the seagulls with black ink.  The sentiment was stamped with MTB ink and mounted on a piece of Pool Party cs.  To complete the card I added some enamel dots (Paper Studio).

Hope you enjoy this card.  It's a CAS card again and I'm actually starting to get the hang of them I think.

8 comments:

  1. I love it. That mermaid tail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. our summer is so hot all the mermaids may have had heat stroke, even in the water. this is really cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ida, this is so fun! I love your mermaid and the beautiful ocean scene! The perfect sentiment, too! Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little mermaid tail....so cute and sparkly and fun! Sets one's imagination going....what's under that water, I wonder? Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Players, always fun to have you play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sparkly mermaid tail is just fabulous! A great little summer scene (that was a great take on that sketch too!) Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect for the sketch, but since it was too late I'm glad it worked out for the Paper Players. The mermaid tail is so sparkly and cute! I like the Blueberry Bushel color, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great take on the challenge, great colors and a really fun card, Ida

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet and magical card, Ida! Love that little mermaid tail. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete