WELCOME

Welcome to my blog.

If you came here expecting to see Photography Photos you will need to visit my PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG at:

Thank you for stopping by & visiting. I appreciate you interest and your comments. Have a great day.

Aug 29, 2023

Paper Players Sketch Challenge #655


Before I get started on today's card I wanted to post a, Thank You for being chosen as one of the, CUT ABOVE for this card a couple of weeks ago. It's always an honor when you get chosen.

Now let's move on to this weeks Paper Players Challenge #655 which is a Sketch Challenge.  LeAnne was the design team member this for this weeks challenge and she chose a fun sketch with many possibilities for creativity.  




Here is what I came up with for my card:

 

I started with a card base of Basic Black card stock.  Next I found a piece of patterned paper, (DCWV - Halloween Town) - I remembered that I had a rubber stamp of some, Jail Birds from a Inkadinkado Stamp set that reminded me of the paper patterned.

I stamped the birds on Basic White card stock and colored them with pencils.  I added some Key Lime glitter (Art Institute) on their eyes for added sparkle.  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set with Memento Tuxedo black ink on a piece of Tangerine Tango* retired SU card stock.  It was cut out with a Stylish Die from SU and mounted on a black piece of card stock cut out with a Nestability die.  I mounted the birds with some foam tape for dimension and added some sequins (Picket Fence Studios) to complete the card.  The little strip is the same piece of patterned paper just cut differently.

I kept this one pretty CAS but I think it's a rather fun little Halloween card and hope you do as well.
 



 


 

7 comments:

  1. Ida, this is fantastic! I love your little jail birds and the fabulous background paper. Such a great way to use the sketch! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute. Congrats on the cut above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, on the cut above award and that card is one of my most favorite of all your cards. perfect for the coming Oct today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodnesss, this is so cute, Ida! Love how you used the striped paper in both directions and how the jailbirds' outfits mimic it too! And the glitter eyes! Adorable! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those jailbirds are so cute and funny! I love everything together. Fabulous! Congrats on your Cut Above honor, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ida those camouflaged jailbirds are so fun - I love the Halloween vibe of this card. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, and a perfect use of that sketch for your card. Your little convicts, I mean birds are cute in their stripey attire

    ReplyDelete